Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 Info Needed

I have the opportunity to get an XT6 for $800. Has some rust, partially cracked windshield, but the guy said it runs/drives well. What's the specs on that engine, and is this a decent deal? I really want to get back into Subaru's after selling my GL.

Thanks,

Matt

Yeah, I know you got an XT.. that's the one I was gonna buy! LOL.. anyways, turbo's are fun, but having an H6 would be interesting, as i've never owned or driven an H6 Suby. If those ones at Han's have good windshields, then i'm pretty sure i'm going to get this one.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt, don't know much about the XT6 but I just bought an 86 XT. Just an fyi, I came across a couple of them last week at Han's junkyard in Elk River. One black, one white. So there is a parts place for ya. :)

i drove on home from wisconsin, only about 30 miles. it was for my girlfriend. after driving it, i had to have that motor for my hatchback. 30 miles and i was hooked. you'll love it. its not like being in an 80s subaru, it can go 80 uphill! its crazy! 800 isnt bad for around here.

air suspension breaks, can be switched with legacy suspension(pleanty in the yards).

power steering often needs new brushes,and special fluid and thats about it.

radiator is almost always needed up here, and is hard to find for less than 300 bucks =/

thats about it. cool car, get spare parts, theyre hard to find around here.

make sure you warm it up, and give it a good test drive. alot of them idle funny, and if you can get it to do it, it might be a good talking down point =]

Awww, you folks are making me feel bad now :(

First I buy a car that he was supposed to get and then you all make it sound like I got the wrong one....

(Guess I better get my motor back and in my old Dodge so I can go fast up hills. Only problem is I will be able to only afford one trip up the hill with the price of gas now. But hey, when I hit the button it will really go up a hill :) )

Allright, more details on the car... Its a 2wd Auto, with non-air suspension (which is fine, as they seem to have lots of problems). I'm going to give 'er a good test drive tomorrow, and then i'll make my decision. He said $800 firm, but he also said it may need new valve cover seals if thats a huge deal or not.

Matt