Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wheels installed!

Tell me if those tires work out for ya. Because I'm thinking of getting those or some other mud terrains.

HAAA! These are not mud tires. :) They are street treads. I just had them laying around from an old truck.

They did ok in the mud yesterday, but I would prefer some big lug or something.

Looks good,

What rims are they? :confused:

White goes with the wagon nicely...

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

These are off a mazda pickup they have a 5" backspacing. The tires are 215/70r14's I only had to trim in front of the front wheel a little bit.

I drilled em and had them sandblasted and painted for $12 a wheel. The wagon is scheduled to have body work done and get painted silver. I will then do some blue graphics of some sort down the side of the car.

thats some mad backspacing,make sure if you go to bigger tires you check one on the front for clearance with strut towers before you mount them all......save a little hassle...

These tires are like 7 - 7.5 inches wide and I had like 3 inches of clearance. I might be wrong on the backspacing of the rims. I just stuck a tape measure down and eyeballed it. :)

It looked about the same as a regular sube wheel.

stock ea82 wagon wheels have 5.25" of backspacing

Hrmm. I must not know how to measure then. These are only a little more then the ones on my dl with I was told was like 3 something backspacing.

I dunno :) I do know that the center of these wheels was not quite big enuff. I had to do some forcing. :)

not bad for only $25 tho.

• 2 weeks later...