Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 five lug conversion?

• 1 month later...

I think Jerry may have done this? I'm not sure. I recall reading something about him drilling out the control arm to accept a larger ball joint, which is what you'd have to do anyway - the body is too narrow to easily accept EA82 front control arms without causing geometry problems..

also I sent you a PM.

With a Torch A Welder and A grinder, Anything can be Done...:)

Its all a matter of Getting the parts in your face, tearing the car down barebones, then test Fitting the 5 lug stuff under it....

Justin.....Garner and I managed 5 lug in the rear of his Gen one Brat recently.....It was a 3-5 day affair making things mate, But it is Doable.....Its all about time, and Sometimes Money...:)

Later, John

Mmmm I can't WAIT to see some pics of it when its done. My gen 1 Brat on the other hand will have a 6-lug done to it... but also sporting some Nissan Pathfinder rims and some 50 series tires as well:D

With a Torch A Welder and A grinder, Anything can be Done...:)

Its all a matter of Getting the parts in your face, tearing the car down barebones, then test Fitting the 5 lug stuff under it....

Justin.....Garner and I managed 5 lug in the rear of his Gen one Brat recently.....It was a 3-5 day affair making things mate, But it is Doable.....Its all about time, and Sometimes Money...:)

Later, John

I am about to do the 6-lug on my 82 Brat. Just got my 4/3 lift from PK and If all My math adds up right I should be able to fit the 215/75/15 tires I want on the 6 on 5 1/2 lug pattern with the 3 3/8 negative back spacing. Of cource the grinder previously mentioned will have to be used to modify the fenders to fit. :grin: