Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This cant be True, Please it just can't

Just go a call from a friend, they told me that the high school in town just had a bond fire this past weekend. So not nothing new, it was Prom weekend, big deal, well she told to so sit down cuase I would cry in a minute , (can you see it yet).

They had put a mid 80's GL in the middle of it. Why. :eek::( (crying)

It had a no engine, perfectly fine body and interior.

WHY, couldn't it been a Honda or Chevy or Dodge anything but a Subaru.

If it was the I think it was, I wanted the driver seat from it. It would have been a great part car. Maybe I would have put my engine it and it be my dd car and the one I have now be parts. To late now.:banghead: I wont fine out till I get back.

Go in peace to the parking lot in the sky.

May a curse be on them. May no one in Homer catch even one Halibut the entire season. (As if that'll happen!)

Well, if the gas prices in Homer are anything like Haines (just went over 2.90 this week), and they don't drive a subaru, they're already cursed!

Killing cars while they still have useful parts is wrong. Think of all the miles that somebody could have enjoyed with that vehicle.

Now, destroying an old, rusted out beater with crap parts all over is more legitamate. Can't say i haven't participated in that.

Prety much, my rule is if the body is good, you can't beat it. If its rusted out, it's free range.

burning a good body in a bonfire is wrong, and i sympathise with you. That sucks hardcore to lose an opertunity like that.

On the upside, you can take some satisfaction in knowing that all those people are hastening their own deaths.. burning cars put out some nasty stuff. (anyone in WA remember a few years ago when general metals down on the tideflats went up in flames? 10 miles away and my house stank like a burnt car for days)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok an update. I have been out of town for the last few weeks (more like a month and a half) and I tryed to get back before they move the car and get some pictiures of, just my luck its gone no one seems to know where it went. bummer. But on the good side one of the High school students that set the fire to the car, no longer has his truck, hit a moose then the dicth, its gone. Now thats justice.

That is lame. There are not many cars that can handle Alaskan terrain or winters and still make operating a vehice possible w/ Alaskan gas prices. What a thoughtless waste of a sube.

I used to work on a ship out of Seattle that went up to AK every summer. When I went to Shoreline for my fire training, one of the cars that we had to practice extiguishing was a Sube. It looked like it had been an A/T 2wd 4door sedan, 86 or newer. It was probably scorched when they got a hold of it, but it still bothered me to see it set ablaze every day. I guess its for a good cause if it is helping people to learn safety.

when i was in high school, we had a car bashing day.. 1 car, the entire 200 kids, and your choice of aluminum bat, 8 lb sledge, or 2x4

anyways, i tool the 8lb sledge, to that poor 80's honda accord, lol.. wasn't really much left of it by the time the school was done..

while reading alaskan subaru's thread this came to my mind::mad: and:(. seriously after reading his (or her) thread nothing came to my mind besides me being pissed off and sad at the same time. just think of it! who.....well that just tells me that that dude or whoever burned that suby is just a plain idiot. now what i was gonna say was that who in there right mind would want to burn such a good car?! just because it had no engine! man that's just plain....cruel!

I am glad you werent there to see such a cruel and unjust treatment of a Subaru. I wish there was an organization for abused Subarus..like the Humaine sociaty for animals.

How could they!?!?!?

hey Connie that's actually not a bad idea. an organization for abused subarus? hey you could even be the founder of that! if you ever do it you got support. from me at least.:-p

something like that happened back home a few summers ago. Some kids stole a 84 wagon from town, drove it 35 miles out the road, flipped it haulin rump roast down the road, the rammed it with a truck off the road into the trees.

It sat there a month or two with everyone stopping by it and smashing it to pieces. I drove out to it and towed it back onto the gravel and flipped it over on the side and took the last good tire/rim off it. I got 20,000 miles out of that tire. Sad, but good..