Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea71/ea81/ea82 intake manifold???

OK, so I've got an '82 GL wagon with an ea81 engine. It has a single barrel manifold, and I just got a Weber carb. ordered. I am looking to find a 2-barrel manifold. What will fit? I found a ea71 manifold in the local yard, but I'm not sure whether it will fit. I know I need to order an adaptor plate as well to make it fit whatever manifold I end up with.

Thanks!

Aaron

Awesome. Off to the junkyard this morning to see what I can dig up. Are there any 1bbl ea82 manifolds, or are they all 2bbl? What carbs were available on ea82s? Am I right to say that the ea81s came with either a 1bbl Carter/Weber or a 2bbl Hitachi, and the ea82s all came with 2bbl Hitachi carbs?

Also, what's a good bigger tire size that I can fit on stock wheels that won't have any rubbing problems? Any recommendations for a relatively cheap meaty tire for off-road stuff?

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting this beast running!

and you will need to get the weber adapter for the manifold you are using. the ea82 manifold uses a different weber adapter.

Correct, The part numbers are as follows.

EA71-81/1.6-1.8 Adapter #99004 110

EA82/1.8 Adapter #99004 731

~CHIM~