Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinking of 15x8's with...

For the GL-10 when it get it back up and t3h fAst4r again...some 15x8's with 225/50/15 Falken Azenis RT-615's on it. That should be plenty sticky, eh? :brow:

otherwise it'll be the same 13x5 stockers with 205/60's on them.

what do you guys think?

it still scared me into buying good tires when I bought my RX.

-Brian

thats not the point on me going to a 'better' tire choice. the 205 BFGs are GREAT. The reasoning to go with 15 inch wheels, is larger brakes. larger rotors, custom TWR aluminum calipers, retain the 4 lug, Carbotech panther P+ pads, superlite 15x8's, and a grippy'est street tire i can find to put on it.

since autox tires are DOT legal...therefore street legal...I *COULD* run the Khumo Ecsta V700's in that size...well, 225/45/15. Basically an R-Compund tire. :slobber:

I'm still curious how your going to fit a 8" wheel under the fender. Are you going to modify the body or the suspension?

With the struts all I could get was 205/50 15's. Now I didn't put the coilovers on to get a bit more on the inside nor did I mess with offset of the wheels.

The 205/50's have an 1/8th to the spring perch and less than 3/4" to the lip of the fender.If you do the math, that's a bit short of 9 inches of clearance. A 225 is going to work out to about 9.5 inches wide.

Now if you keep dropping the sidewall height and drop away from the perch it will give you more room but you end up with this goofy, tiny tire and a whole lot of fenderwell showing.

I say coilovers and a sawzall. Go for 235/45/17's. Be a man.

Jay