Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Updated Their JDM Website

• 5 weeks later...

honestly i miss the 02 -03 styling the one with with round head lights that car had some serouse style

and i absoletly hate the o5 this car is a step in the right direction but they need to fire the designer the grill is ok but at the same time all wrong for this century

just my two cents

i got some pics that some of you might be interested in seeing...

Subaru_WRX_43-1024.jpg

Subaru_WRX_41-1024.jpg

Subaru_WRX_40-1024.jpg

Subaru_WRX_36-1024.jpg

Subaru_WRX_35-1024.jpg

not sure what my opinion is... but i guess i like innovation

dont forget to notice the female driver in one of the pics, she looks like she is having fun... (want to marry lol)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

anyone know the drag coefficient? i kind of want to take a sword and slice off a bunch of stuff just sticking out and fill in some holes with a bunch of clay. it looks kind of upset or something, like the newer chevy trucks all fast and predatorial and ************. what about fuel economy? why not offer a front wheel drive with lsd- great traction, more efficient. why have a zillion horsepower?! no faster! i like a car slow enough to floor it all the time.

does your dump valve recirculate the dumped air back into the intake pre turbo or to air,if to air that could be your problem as the ECU has already measured this air and has included fuel for it but as it is not going into the engine the engine is over fueling and the fuel is burning of once it hits hot exhaust and there is your back fire

Yer Nice Car

But I Gota Problem With My

1999 Scooby Its Got A S/s Xaust And A Baily Dump Valve But Keeps Back Firing @ Low Speeds Eny1 No Wat The Prob Is ??

• 4 months later...
anyone know the drag coefficient? i kind of want to take a sword and slice off a bunch of stuff just sticking out and fill in some holes with a bunch of clay. it looks kind of upset or something, like the newer chevy trucks all fast and predatorial and ************. what about fuel economy? why not offer a front wheel drive with lsd- great traction, more efficient. why have a zillion horsepower?! no faster! i like a car slow enough to floor it all the time.

Funny thing, that was exactly what I was telling the local Subaru dealer when I took my Loyale in for some work. I don't need a Mario Andretti car.

I'm surprised I never posted in this thread.

I don't like the new grill. I haven't from the day I saw it, and I never will like it either.

I too agree it looks like an Edsel. That's my official nickname for them, the "Edsel" Subarus.

I see about 15 Imprezas and 20 Tribecas everyday, and I still don't like them. In fact, the Tribeca just looks uglier and uglier to me everytime I look at one.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope Subaru doesn't bastardize their whole lineup with this grill.

I'm surprised I never posted in this thread.

I don't like the new grill. I haven't from the day I saw it, and I never will like it either.

I too agree it looks like an Edsel. That's my official nickname for them, the "Edsel" Subarus.

I see about 15 Imprezas and 20 Tribecas everyday, and I still don't like them. In fact, the Tribeca just looks uglier and uglier to me everytime I look at one.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope Subaru doesn't bastardize their whole lineup with this grill.

We get the tribeca here in Australia, really soon. cant wait to see it.

That last shot of the STi on the first page with the front lip and aftermarket rims, we get those rims on a STi spec'd GT Liberty, which also gets suede seat inserts and roof, front lip, two twin exhaust mufflers, and ecu upgrade i think and front strut brace. also lowered suspension. i quite like them.

The wing grille looks better on the Impreza than it does on the Tribeca. I've never liked the front end of the Tribeca, but this freshened 2006 Impreza looks halfway decent. I think the 85-89 GL/GL-10 and the 95-99 Legacy were the nicest looking cars Subaru has ever made. All the extra exterior plastic makes the Outback, Forester, and various Impreza sports models look overdone in my opinion.

Not all the styling details and features shown on the Japanese models may be available in all other countries, probably most especially the US. The US models are always stripped down and more conservatively styled by comparison. Details like chrome placement on the grille, grille patterns, and specific light designs may vary from country to country.