Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should've taken a picture!

You guys should have seen this,, I had my GL wagon loaded with 1030 lbs of tile this morning! Had boxes from front to back. :lol:

"funny, I've never heard that sound before"

(one time situation)

Good thing im replacing the bearings and struts next month:-p

By the way, what is the best brand of bearing to get for the Subees?

Ok so we are showing off.

Going off to college, the car was on a slight slope. Heaviest thing was probably my rolling tool box.

306IMG_4169-med.JPG

Moving out of our old house, carrying, an ea-71 ea-82t and a 5 speed DR, trans, multiple 100's lbs of lead, (tore down an x-ray room) along with other stuff, Oh yea a really old bike. The diff was like 4inches off the ground.

306129-2949_IMG-med.JPG

So com'on people how full have you got your suby?

eh what are you going to do it was a free suby! The previous owners son's friend hit it with his lifted pos. I figgure it is my anti theft device. Thief looking for something to steal, my car sitting next to a nice straight (insert any car here) theif thinks hmmmm that guy is probably dead poor I'll look in the straight car. I guess that is my way to rationalise not fixing it. besides it gives it charactor. And isn't that what soobs are all about.

I preffer the term avocado, is that what the factory called it "harb" what is that? Bty I have yet to see another soob with this same color, throw some junk in yours, you know load it down, and post it. Just kidding.

yep because i had to have the hood painted. it is paint code i think 535 harb green in the back of the owners manual, it says the color codes and there names. i have not seen another one like yours either only some on the fun on wheels site.

I think one of moosens friends had the ultimate load...Gen 1 Legacy..with something like 5 or 6 trannys,diffs,rears,axles,maybe even a motor or two..all I know that thing was about a half inch off the ground! Subes are great for hauling though arent they?!:grin:

finally got freakin internet. updates...... pulled my dad's '78 Chevy outta some mud about a month ago...... no problem. my friends '64 Chevy stepside, which I think is a 4000lb+ truck.... it broke down at the bottom of our hill and I wrapped a towel around the front bumper and then wrapped a tow rope around it (didn't wanna cut it on the bumper) and hooked it on each side. pulled it 1/8 of a mile uphill in 4WD low. my friend wants to get rid of his truck and buy a Subaru now..... lol. I am, to this day, absolutely astonished that it managed to pull that freakin thing up the hill. AND no new sounds!!!!!!

loadedjetta.jpg

Here's your daily internet cliche. 'Nuff said.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/lumber.asp

:lol::grin: :-p Yeah my old man showed me that, he got it in an e-mail ages ago. the story that was with it said something like shockies through floor, burst rear tyres, owner walkin up and down road for help and missus asleep in car. :lol::grin: :-p

I had like 2 x 44Gallon Drums full of desel and about 8 x 20L drums of Unleaded in the back of my brumby mid last year. then halled it like 2 - 300Km and over a mountain. on top of that i had a full tank of fuel and had me and my dro in it

Heehee....was out with my buddies one night and couldn't get a cab home so I piled them all in my '91 Loyale wagon. Seven big people plus myself as the driver (I'm not big). Three in the back trunk, three in the back seat and one up front with me. Glad I didn't hit an pot holes as my Loyale was WAY down on the axles. Got everyone home safe and sound though :)

Urban Coyote

Drove all the way from flagstaff A.Z with 1000 pounds of stuff plus my lady,cat and dog to the pocono mountains (2800 miles) with 185.000 miles in 86 carbed sube wagon. As long as i had good run shots over the hills and mountains i kept an average of 75 mph and still got at least 20 mpg.

• 1 month later...

DSCF0161.sized.jpg

That's the worst I have a picture of.

I did take my GL wagon out to West Virginia, over mountains, with 4 big guys & a motor in the back of it. Plus, I've hauled a lot of stuff back and forth between Ames & Iowa City.

I love my wagon - it just takes the load, doesn't complain, and hauls my stuff around. I'm sold on Subaru wagons :-)

-=Russ=-