Ultimate Subaru Message Board

blasphemy? lowriding a suby? anyone?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines kinda low:drunk:

Haha was wondering when you were going to chime in, think Phil's is lowest older subaru I've ever seen in person. Looks great...this is an old picture from the 04' Colorado Meet (Looks extremely low next to the lifted brat):

6.jpg

a great addition to the 5-lug conversion is the fact that if you use Impreza/WRX front brakes and suspension, you have multiple brake and coilover options availible to you. Right now in a stock 5-lug conversion, rear being from an XT6 and front being from a '95 Impreza, I have about 600 bucks total and that includes new balljoints for the front and XT6 front and rear swaybars:D

Haha was wondering when you were going to chime in, think Phil's is lowest older subaru I've ever seen in person. Looks great...this is an old picture from the 04' Colorado Meet (Looks extremely low next to the lifted brat):

6.jpg

Wow... thats the 04 meet? My car has come a little ways since then.... mostly louvers, but it still needs paint BAD.... we need to set up a CO meet again soon... Rick has another XT to slide off a cliff and his sisters picking up a turbo this weekend......Hmmmm

hmmm...thinking it would just be a whole heck of alot cheaper just to find either the 8spoke 14" subaru rims or the "15 flat spoke pugs and get them painted to get the look im going for. hmmmmm.

if you are going to have your car lowered, do NOT use pug wheels. they do not have a high enough offset to be able use on a lowered soob.

thanks for the info styles...guess I will just wait for a set of 14" 8spoke subaru rims to pop up...

soob-14-alloy2.jpg

so if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about locating some of these let me know. oh, is there any way you could take me through the process of swapping the gl 4WD struts with the XT struts?

The drop is acomplished by using 2WD XT Struts. They will give you about a 2" drop.

The 5 lug conversion (what Subaru Styles has) is completly different.

If you want a drop, but with a stiffer ride, use XT struts and RX springs. SHould account for a 1" drop since the RX springs are stiffer than XT's.

This is all for the front. I have yet to lower my rear end.

-Brian

I kinda lowered my RX.

Here's some pix of the car after I installed some front struts from a 2WD XT:

Now it has a rake to it, and I havent done anything to the rear. You can see some damage to the tire from the fender rubbing in that 2nd pic, and I have since changed to 13" alloys to solve all the rubbing.

-Brian

TheSubaruJunkie your RX looks sweet.

any way i could careless wether or not someone loweres there car. heck i think some of these subarus that are jacked way way up are rediculouse...but cool in there own way. done right i think there fine:)

trying to pull together some thoughts and ideas... crappy but effective rendering of what im thinking about at the moment. 12867lowered51.jpg

XT strut swap to accomplish drop. 14" black powder coated 8spoke subaru alloys wraped in ___? High gloss black paint job with stoplight green fade to black stripe down the sides. Dark tint on windows. Shaved emblems, door handles, antennas, trim. Smoked out lights. Will probably cut the plastic bumper covers to fit flush with the body. And thats just to start on the outside....whole slew of interior mods.............and much much more. Any comments?

well havn't seen any like what im going to do, subaru styles sub is amazing:headbang: but am leaning in a different direction. would love to set up a hydraulics system eventually but thats not very feasable for a good while:( . Am going to try to find some places to sponsor/discount my vision after I take a bit more time to plan it all out and get some good concept drawings together. The major bodywork will probably start about 9 months from now...a good friend of mine is currently going to wyotech learning bodywork and customs and will start doing the fancy stuff when he gets back. Will probably start re-doing the interior in a month. I like rambling on and on...dont you?:D

hmmmm......funnnnnnnn...this might put things off even longer. On saturday I went to a BlindSide concert and accidentally got punched extremely hard in the mouth. up untill now I knew that my lip was busted really bad and my front tooth was loose....but I just went and checked on it to see if its healing because it just feels like its getting worse...and realized something, there is a small chunk of my tooth inbedded in my lip, a portion of it thats about the size of a grain of sugar in the raw is sticking out, tried to move it and see if maybe it would just come out...but it sure wont...funnnnn. It hurts so much even when im not doing anything, but eating and trying to kiss my girlfriend is really fun. I guess I should go see a dentist huh? really dont want to go though because I owe them money, have5!! wisdom teeth that need to be removed, and apparently I need braces as well. Anyways have to be at work in 11 hours so need to get some sleep, night all!

Hydraulics,... now i was only thinking about it tonight when i saw the plymoth on Mythbusters with the adjustable suspensionI know some soobs had air suspension, but hydraulics....

It would be awesome,

-Low for the streets

-High for the Offroad

Gannon

heck yeah... lol then all I would need is a tiny chain steering wheel, some gold rims, and some gold teeth and ill be ready to go bounce around town. Was thinking more about practicality though...could drop it on the ground to get a smile and turn some heads..then when I encounter some speedbumps or need to carry some weight with the flip of a switch can have the clearance I need.

heck yeah... lol then all I would need is a tiny chain steering wheel, some gold rims, and some gold teeth and ill be ready to go bounce around town. Was thinking more about practicality though...could drop it on the ground to get a smile and turn some heads..then when I encounter some speedbumps or need to carry some weight with the flip of a switch can have the clearance I need.

Have you considered "Air bags" like they use on "Pimp My Ride" to make your ride height adjustable?? (They use them for weird things like making the bed of a truck lift up "dump" style.. or making an adjustable height seat.. etc) You would need a small compressor installed in your car.. and I dont know how they compare to hydro's.. just a thought.