Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Boycott Shucks/CSK AUTO

Heres a little story

I went into shucks.. asked for a head Gasket for my XT they had it but I had to go to another store. I walk in to that other store and they get it out for me and I knew that Autozone had it for 24.54 and Napa had it for 32.00 shucks wanted 45. Both autozone and napa had to order it... so I said Ill go to shucks for price match... and the manager refused to do it... and when I asked why she said we never do it... and I said why the hell do you have the sign up? she said because it brings in customers... so having little money... and being pissed off I asked for the corporate number and she wrote down a 1800 number that when I called turned into a sex line.... hmm.... and this was the store manager.... so I called my local Shucks and asked for the corporate number and made a complaint...

but I will never again return to S UCKS Auto Supply or CSK AUTO..

At this point I have decided just to buy a donor car for my XT and put a new motor in it...

Semper FI

Xoomer

Heres a little story

I

...... so I said Ill go to shucks for price match... and the manager refused to do it... and when I asked why she said we never do it... and I said why the hell do you have the sign up? she said because it brings in customers... so having little money... and being pissed off I asked for the corporate number and she wrote down a 1800 number that when I called turned into a sex line.... hmm.... and this was the store manager.... so I called my local Shucks and asked for the corporate number and made a complaint...

Xoomer

WOW thats amazing! More and more people are so tired and concerned with there own problems they fail to do good work, and it seems like their main goal is just to make it to payday and screw the customer... I think schools should educate children more about takeing pride in doing a good job.. well that's my 2 cents worth anyway.

CSK is headquartered here in Phoenix, and they have stores everywhere you look. I have shopped at several of them and unfortunately have to agree with you. They are the worst. Autozone is only a little better. NAPA seems to be a cut above both of them, both in service and quality of parts.

I have found that it's difficult to totally avoid shopping there for various little things, but I would never go to CSK for a critical part or where I actually need some help. You have to pay extra for that.

hmm local schucks here i can get a online price save teh webpage on my laptop

walk in and say match or beat this "open laptop show page"

and they say ok!

but then again i am sucha regular and know most of the people so that may have something to do with it

CSK will beat anyones price by 5%. Helps me out cause Napa carries CV's for just over $57... and CSK will beat em and i end up paying alittle less than $54 for a CV (without core charge).

Even tho the guys there are stupid, they are also very gullable. Makes it easy to get cheaper parts. Shop around, do your homework... then goto CSK and get the best price by 5%.

Also, i go in there wearing my Subaru tech shirt, and they usually dont question me. I also check the box to make sure its the right part before I walk out the door with it.

Overall, ive had no problems with CSK. I call ahead of time, they hold the part. If they dont have it, they tell me where it is and i go get it.

IF anything... BOYCOTT PEP BOYS!!!!

-Brian

Only thing I can find at Pep Boys are rims, exhaust, tv's and stereo's (all cheap crap btw too). Dont even waste your time at the pep boys "parts department".

Actually, i should change that to boycott Autozone because the last time (which will be THE last time) i went in... the punk kid behind the counter saw my shirt and said "ahh... subaru, yeah we wont have it."

Didnt even ask what I was there for.... But i then told him to look up a distributor cap for a 87 RX. He didnt have it.

Then I asked him to look up some plug wires for the same car and when he couldn't find them he said "See told you we wouldnt have them"

At least napa will ask me if I'd like to order them (which they can usually have by 5pm same day).

My best bet nearby is Napa and Schucks.

-Brian

well Brian kinda hard to boycot Pep Boys when they are not even in the state anymore lol (possibly cause of that reason lol) and the Autozones around here order or tell me which store would have it if there is a part nearby

and soobmater do they have a bumpersticker that says "Powered by C.R.A.P."? if so then yeah I have heard of them then

well Brian kinda hard to boycot Pep Boys when they are not even in the state anymore lol (possibly cause of that reason lol) and the Autozones around here order or tell me which store would have it if there is a part nearby

and soobmater do they have a bumpersticker that says "Powered by C.R.A.P."? if so then yeah I have heard of them then

??? i havnt found any thing wrong with them yet, although i havnt bought very much stuff from them. i just bought a oil pump from them so we'll see. One of my favorite stores is the J/Y

I haven't had any problems with Schucks either. I know some of the people who work there and if I don't I can still generally find what I need. I will agree however that NAPA is a much better store. Unfortunatly I'm on one side of Bellevue while the only NAPA around is on the other side of town while I have two Schucks within 5 minutes of my house.

I usually go to Advance Auto Parts here, they're very friendly plus I get 10% off over 20 bucks.. And usualyl if they dont' have the part, Checker does and I'll get it from there (I think they must be in cahoots with each other since advance and checker both use partsamerica.com for their online ordering, and it will even show you what stores in your area carry the parts you want, kinda nice..)

Just the other day I tried to order a brake caliper mounting bracket from schucks, and the lady said I had to buy the whole caliper to get it. So I was like ok order the caliper, the stupid thing cost $65. While I was on the phone I also ordered 2 wheel hubs for $35 a piece, ouch. Well when the parts came in (my sister went to get them and didn't check), and showed up at home I looked in the box for a wheel hub, the idiots got me the brake rotors not hubs. :mad: And when I looked in the box that the caliper was in, guess what no mounting bracket.:banghead: I was heated about this and took all that crap back. After that I just went to the junk yard and got all my parts for $40.

I won't shop at Checker's unless I absolutly have to which is slim to none. Went in there to get a turn signal cancellation cam for my buddy's '78 Bronco and they gave me one and I asked them if it would work. Of course they said yes, I get home to put it in and guess what? Didn't fit... Now the guys down at Advance know me so well, I get discounts even though I'm not a tech student:D