Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2006 Facelifted Impreza's have arrived!

I'm keep that in mind!! I need help from time to time!

Todd

don't we all.

back on topic sorta, just finished ordering up 1 ea 2006 (warrior face) Aspen White WRX wagon from Ryan at Teape Subaru. They wanted my business enough to seriously consider my offer and they got it. So, maybe my baby will be here in a few weeks!

now to start shopping for a rear sway bar, muffler, tint shop, whee.........

lol!

Carl

The only way I would consider owning one would be...

... if someone could convince me that EVERY single thing from the 04-05 Impreza will fit. Bumper, headlights, fenders, grill (obviously), tallights, etc.

Then again, I don't even want to give a statistic to Subaru for selling an 06 Impreza. I still want it to be a failure in the marketplace so Subaru will wake up and change it back. Kinda like the bugeye.

So nevermind, I still refuse to own one.

I just hope I can get my hands on a new Legacy or Forester before they receive the same treatment.

Honestly, it's more car than I will ever be able to take advantage of.(I MAY take a driving school - more like a dream hah!) but I have an inheritance and am driving a car I don't care for. So, my 2 favorite cars I ever owned were an '81 Civic wagon and a '69 Datsun 2000 convertible. So, I really like the idea of having a 'sport wagon' and can't any reason not to make it a Subaru. I figure there's no reason not to drive what I want. I COULD get something smaller, or a truck, or lots of other things. I just want a WRX wagon.

Carl

I never said that you shouldn't. I just said that I wouldn't, as I could not resist using it to more of it's potential than the Highway Patrol will allow :brow:

Congratulations on your new baby, and here is a wish for many happy miles down the road.

the only thing about this car that i really don't like are the tail lights (i hate the clear, too ricey) and the side skirts (make that an option). the grille doesn't bother me as much as the B9 one does. it looks decent on this car. i also like the headlights, but they're similar to the 05. i'm just kind of surprised they changed the look for 05 and now they're doing a complete thing for 06... i liked the look of the 05's quite a bit... in fact, i wish i had the money to buy an 05 OBS instead of a used one when i got my car (the blue color they have for the 05's is awesome i thought)... but such is life...

I'll be the dissenting voice.

The emperor has no clothes. The car looks like crap. 10 years from now that grill will be regarded as THE WORST design exercise ever done by Subaru.

Apparently it was also impossible to not hop aboad the "jumble of reflectors" tailamp trend. Two words: Factory rice.

In summary: the styling is gimicky and forced rather than natural and flowing.

In case no one has been paying attention, this styling direction ("ugliture") plus novel repair paradigms (like offering up bar's leak instead of a genuine repair) are the same mistakes made by GM for successive years prior to their arriving at junk-bond status.

Agreed, agreed, agreed. One of the things that drew me to Subaru in the late 90s was that they still maintained their own identity. A nice, classic design that wasn't shoehorning in all sorts of fobbish and gimicky accents. Now, I own a Legacy, not an Impreza, but I'll stick with the Legacy's 95-98 series over anything put out since. It's just a very elegant and attractively-proportioned car, and can't be mistaken for an Accord, Altima, Daewoo, etc. etc. Just my own $.02 opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be the dissenting voice.

The emperor has no clothes. The car looks like crap. 10 years from now that grill will be regarded as THE WORST design exercise ever done by Subaru.

i saw an older impreza on the road about a week or 2 ago... it had that 3 part grill, but the dividing parts weren't painted, they were just black plastic. maybe this isn't as different and new as people think it is...

as for the clear tail lights... blech. but other than that, it's not a bad looking car...

and for all you saying they tribeca-ized it... well, the grill is similar, but the ugly part about the tribeca to me is the grill not placed directly between the headlights, but slightly lower... that one change could make it look a lot nicer...