Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I give up :(

I have sent 4 subes to the crusher over the last month -- 3 were legacys with terminal rust, one was a loyale that I tried to sell for 6 months.

Now my 86 GL-10T is smoking like a freight train and smells like antifreeze. I guess a head gasket gave up.

I can't afford to fix it right now so guess it is time to euthanize it.

If anybody is interested in buying it send me an offer via e-mail.

Thanks

Milt

I don't intend to send it to the crusher just yet, but I have no way to do the repairs it needs. I am retired and have health issues. The $ 125.00 could be done, but I have never done anything like tearing into a sube engine etc.

At one time Myles Fox was thinking of coming up and working on it but that was some time ago. That would be a long haul for him too. If there is a good sube guy that wants to work on it then I definitely would like to keep it going.

I am located in "downeast Maine"

Moosens knows the car -- he has seen it and helped put new brakes on it last year.

Milt

How far is Roque Bluffs from Bangor?

It's almost in Canada.It'll take you a good 6 1/2 hours from the ME/NH line at least.I think it's actually more like 8 hours.

At one time Myles Fox was thinking of coming up and working on it but that was some time ago. That would be a long haul for him too.

Yes,my turbo wagon has also suffered due to Miles' bailing out.But,he's who he is so I guess none of us lost money betting he'd show up.I had some hope but when I saw he'd moved westward,well,I blew out the candle in the window.

Milt,sorry to hear about all those cars going to the grave.I hope things get better for you.I'd love to be there helping out but this year is a tough one to downeast.Norma called when she was passing through,but we were both working and she talked to my mother inlaw.Too bad,would have been nice to see her again.

Maybe I can run out there with Luc,but I'm not sure.If you give up on it I'll surely through you something for some parts.

Hmmm,maybe I can bring up some of the cedar cuts,etc. too.Smoke coming out of my ears....we'll talk soon.I'll pick up the phone and call,like in the good old days.:) Ahhh,life.I guess I shouldn't complain about being busy.

What's that slogan? "Maine,the way life should be".

Hi --

Car is 2 wd, auto. interior is almost showroom cond, exterior has 2 small external rust spots. brand new tires all round. needs mouse nest cleaned out from heater and exhaust system and fix the antifreeze problem.

it still runs ok but smokes like a steam engine.

I don't have any way to get pics -- no digital camera -- sorry.

Mapquest says a little less that 2.5 hours from Bangor, definitly do-able. Is the car 4wd? D/R? M/T? Thanks

could be the intake gaskets, even easier and cheaper. when they pop, it'll dump coolant down the throat and smoke like a blown headgasket. Do a compression test first.

I had onw of the intake gaskets let go, and instead of fixing it, I just poured in the stop leak junk. Yes it was bad, no I don't care, and 1k miles later it is still holding.