Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Back into Brats

Hi everyone! Let me first say that I use to own brats in the past, 3 of them all at different times. Recently I told my wife that I needed to get another one before winter since they are excellent in the snow, and get rid of my Jeep wrangler (it slides too much in the snow) Well I started to look for a brat and have since bought 3 of them (in the last two months) & I have one more to pick up within the next week. I live in CT and would like to know if anyone close by does painting/bodywork on them? I have two 1986's and 1 1984. The one on the way is a 1985. I will be using a 1985 & 1986 for parts, like switching body panels. I am new to this board (august) and will probably have alot of other questions! Thanks in advance!!

P.S. I do have pictures which I will try to post

Yes, if you have parts... you'll make it a long way in a short time on the USMB.

I am in need of rear jump seats. and some interior pieces. there are a few members in CT (moosens and clantieri ring a bell) and im sure you can find someone to do some painting and body work fairly fast.

Welcome to the club.

-Brian

Actually I only paid $400 apiece. I have a 1984 black one that you might have seen on e-bay which is pretty rusted but has only 58,000 miles on it and it is mechanically sound. The winning bidder did not come through with payment.The second one was advertised on this board at one time it is 1986 white with an after market A/C and has 60,550 miles on it and is in really good shape, small spots of rust. The third one is 1986 silver and is basically rust free, but it has mechanical problems it has 109,000 miles. The 4th one which I should be getting this week has the rear jump seats & seat belts (which I might sell). I willl make two from the four. All of them have t-tops. If someone could tell me how to post the picture here or in the photo section, that would be great. As far as parts go, once I transfer the things from my donor cars to my keepers I am sure there will be many spare parts left over.

Thanks for the welcome!

• 1 year later...

Hey man,where in CT are you?

Apparently you might be selling one Brat to another board member who wants me to try to go by and check it out for him.

Feel free to email.Click on my name and use either PM or email.

I'm in Bridgeport and Milford.