Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am played out....

This morning I start my car....after 1 min. when to go out from the parking my OIL light be on.....for about 10 seconds and after that oil light has go back off.

Otherwise my engine is working fine.

Oil has 6.000 KM(Valvoline 15W40)...Is bad????How bad????

Please, please... tell me what to do:banghead:

Would have you check the wire going to the sender on the oil pump, looking for bare or frayed wire. If the wire has a bare spot in it, it would ground the circuit turning on the light, especially if it's being real irratic

The oil gauges on these are known for being iffy at low pressure, not to sure about ones with the oil light.

Oil level is ok. About noise.....is nothing unusual heard from the engine...what kind of noise should be???

Thanks allot guys......I'am waiting any other advices.

The noise that you would probably hear first would be from the Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters, and although there would be no damage it would certainly sound like the engine was being damaged. The sound would be loud and similar to rod bearing noise, and should have been very audible at 1500rpm. If you were not frightened by the noise when the oil light was on, then I would agree with Qman and others that the light tuned on due to sender or wiring problems.