Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My latest upgrade!

Numbchux

As I said, I have seen a front AA bumper in the flesh. The mounting points have a very small surface area with no bracing or gussets to distriubute the load, that reciever is welded to a very small surfce area whith no bracing or gussets to distribute load........... And if I'm not mistaken that D-ring is butt welded to the tube, and has no solid conection to the frame of the vehical. What have you got there, 3 Sq Inches, if that, for load distriubution at any given attachment point.

That better be one HEAVY wall peice of tubing.

Hey, it looks cool, but dangerous. A few well placed gussets would make a huge difference.

true...but maybe you're forgetting that this is a subaru...no, I wouldn't trust it to hold up a full size truck. but the car MIGHT weigh 3k lbs fully loaded/soaked with water/full of gas.

again...91 loyale...you're comparing a sub to a toyota...

fnlyfnd...you've got mail!

and shady, I've got some ideas for a front bumper!! I'm gonna photoshop something up, and send it to ya!

My wagon weighed 3500+ lbs with a half tank of gas, some spare parts, and my junkyard tools. I weighted it on a truck scale.

Uhhhhh........ My '85 Turbo wagon, with big bumpers front and rear, roof rack, 27"s on pug alloys, full size spair on a steelie, ALL my trail gear (winch, hi-lift, tools, ect.), full tank of gas, rack loaded, me and my 2 little boys in it only weighed 3,450# :confused: And yes, I know for a FACT that was a corect reading. We have a scale @ work that gets calibrated once a month(to +/- 10#) that my car fits on.

My wagon weighed 3500+ lbs with a half tank of gas, some spare parts, and my junkyard tools. I weighted it on a truck scale.

That's nuts! The scale at the landfill puts my wagon at #2800 with parts, tools, gas and driver (I'm skinny). You driving around with a spare tranny or something?

Maybe I saved some weight cutting that big hole in my roof... :rolleyes:

That's nuts! The scale at the landfill puts my wagon at #2800 with parts, tools, gas and driver (I'm skinny). You driving around with a spare tranny or something?

Maybe I saved some weight cutting that big hole in my roof... :rolleyes:

Nope; like I said. Half tank of gas, few spare parts (nothing huge; heaviest thing would be an axle and alternator), and a full set of tools.

Can't attest to the accuracy of the scales. I didnt ask about them; just hopped out, looked at the digital read out, and hopped back in.