Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More SPoKane Off Road fun!!

PeterD

Hey guys. this was a spurr of the moment thing. i was bored and went with another friend out to have some fun. we will seriously have to go out some time.

Any way we went to Riverside statepark again this time with a friend that enjoys this a little more. it was overall more fun that the last time. i have my better tires on the car. we did some cool stuff, made some cool climbs. the best part was following a Hummer H3 around the park. he needed me to spot him on a few moves he did. I was impressed,but noticed that he didn't have locking diff. he was pushing it quite hard with the h3, over all good to see him out there. I went up some hills that he went up and he was kinda suprized i made them. too tell you the truth he was kinda new at this and his rig is much more capable than what he was doing.

here are some pics.

the first one is me with my wheel on the stump. the guy in the H3 needed me to spot him as he backed off of it...:rolleyes: i drove right on top of it and it kinda rubbed the underside of the car but over all kindof a sissy log.

stump.jpg

the second one is going down a trail that the hummer went down after i got him off the log. I think i was guy embarassing the guy.

wheelinair.jpg

And the last one, in the parking lot ready to go home.

parked.jpg

Spokane guys, lets get together some time.

well its not too clean.. even when its not muddy. its got dents and its been hit before. its got a few rust holes under the rear drivers side door. and its been well used... so its not too clean.;) but its a beater so i couuld care less about wheelin it.

and that is pathetic articulation in both picts.,....yes im beeing rude but its true. its pathetic. now that H3 i was following had a hell of alot of articulation.. at least for the back axle i was supprized, very suprised.

it was a good after noon. open diffs and low ground clearence kinda spoil the fun. but as many say if you can wheel in a subaru you can wheel in anything.

and now i realize why many of you subaru nuts love it. showing up real 4x4s in a little car.:brow: but overall im impressed by this subaru. it takes a beating but it goes many places most cant beleve.

Those pre 84 body styes are tight:banana:

Looks in such great shape almost hate to see it get dirty;)

like i said before... its got rust, its been hit. its just your imagination. trust me. my vw is a little more special and will be kept clean. :cool:

My VW scirocco for example

im really interested in getting an early 90s jeep cherokee for winter and fun. but thats not likely to happen any time soon so the suby will have to be in its place:D

yeah, we'll have to go out there for some wheelin it sounds like.did you guys do the gullies?they are a great time to climb.not to hard either.i really like the mud section out there...it is an all around good park.i have only taken like a few pics out there. i would like to get some of the brat doing it's thing.

7 mile ORV park is a good all around park for whatever you like to do, I got some friends that like to ride out there, its fun to go out and wheel around! We should go out this week and meet up, I should have my hatch back together, I'd like to drive it out there. I was out a couple weeks ago when it was rainiing and muddy, kinda cold. Ill be in town this week, wed or thurs.?! Sounds fun and should be decent weather.

like i said before... its got rust, its been hit. its just your imagination. trust me. my vw is a little more special and will be kept clean. :cool:

My VW scirocco for example

im really interested in getting an early 90s jeep cherokee for winter and fun. but thats not likely to happen any time soon so the suby will have to be in its place:D

are those hankooks on that rocco? They look exactly like my tires. Your rocco is in nicer shape than mine :cool:

there Falken ZE-512s 185/60-14s thats last year right after i washed and used a claybar then a 3 stage mothres polish and wax job. it looked awsome. but since then i have been hit by 2 paintballs wich did not wash off. :banghead: so its not as nice looking right now. im loooking at getting another 84 rocco to beat on or use for parts.. not sure yet.

im in and around spokane often, and am always looking for someone to go out and rally/crawl @ the ORV park or anywhere really. I am a proud owner of two subarus! my first was an 84 Hatch 4s/d/r, my synchros are bad but am putting a new trans in currently. FUN! my other Soob was a score, $200! The hatch was cheap but the wagon was even cheaper!! 83 wagon 4s/d/r pretty much stock cept the coil, if it matters. I would like to meet up with some of the spokanite soobs, I've seenb a red brat in the valley with alloy pugs and a lift. not sure who it is. Also looking for tips on do-it-yourself-lift for the hatch, I am too broke to buy a lift from AA or BYB, Id rather make it, but need a little help from someone who has done a subie lift Thanx all!

sweet thats the first lifted subie I've seen in spokane. my neighbor in newport has a few lifted subies, probly remember them from wcss, 2 years ago. blue brat with chevy v-6, 10 inch lift, nissan t-case, bunch of other stuff, and the unhatched, hacth; he cut it off, gots a 6 inch lift, swamps. we should definately meet up and go wheelin sometime soon. It is snowing here! I should have my hatch back together in the next few days. working on getting the no-how from him on lifts, gonna do it myself!

well we messed around today but brought my friend and his bone stock 91 ford explorer. its not too bad for a stock rig..

explorer.jpg

well not too bad till he got stuck... this fat fat mud hole along the fence line. i drove thought it with the suby and bairly made it with the water up on the doors. some how i didn't get stuck, my buddy drove in deeper than i did before i could yell out to not try it. sure enough he got stuck high centered between the ruts. his front diff caught up on the dirt. yes thats my a$$:o

stuck.jpg

all 4 wheels were spinning free

sub.jpg

friend said he had a chain or a tow rope, i said bring it. turned out the chain was about 7 feet long:banghead:, here is me trying to rig something up and try to pull him or move him a bit. it was a no go. i about ripped my bumper cean off. i bent it out real good, and ripped a mounting poing out that turned out being the rear floor sheat metal. :banghead:. oh well, a dirt biker dude went and found his buddy with his huge Blazer and pulled him out.

it was all fun, it was his first time 4 wheelin in that car besides the snow. i was impressed at its abilites. but in the end i think my lack of a front diff hanging down... thanks to IFS i was able to sneek throught that huge puddle i'll probably be rigging up a nice bumper with some tow points now.

i know why you guys like this. its fun to watch peopls faces in the park.

well we messed around today but brought my friend and his bone stock 91 ford explorer. its not too bad for a stock rig..

explorer.jpg

well not too bad till he got stuck... this fat fat mud hole along the fence line. i drove thought it with the suby and bairly made it with the water up on the doors. some how i didn't get stuck, my buddy drove in deeper than i did before i could yell out to not try it. sure enough he got stuck high centered between the ruts. his front diff caught up on the dirt. yes thats my a$$:o

stuck.jpg

all 4 wheels were spinning free

sub.jpg

friend said he had a chain or a tow rope, i said bring it. turned out the chain was about 7 feet long:banghead:, here is me trying to rig something up and try to pull him or move him a bit. it was a no go. i about ripped my bumper cean off. i bent it out real good, and ripped a mounting poing out that turned out being the rear floor sheat metal. :banghead:. oh well, a dirt biker dude went and found his buddy with his huge Blazer and pulled him out.

it was all fun, it was his first time 4 wheelin in that car besides the snow. i was impressed at its abilites. but in the end i think my lack of a front diff hanging down... thanks to IFS i was able to sneek throught that huge puddle i'll probably be rigging up a nice bumper with some tow points now.

i know why you guys like this. its fun to watch peopls faces in the park.

Just say NO to crack! :eek: