Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WOO!!! The Lift is here!!!!!! (Now with Pics!!)

TurboXT

Hey Doc! Where abouts would I be stopping to? I need to do a few more things to it before I can really drive it, like mainly get some longer vacum and fuel lines, and I have to play around with my lower radiator hose a little to get it to not kink up on me.

That, and I was going to try to eliminate most of the emissions crap, until I can get the SPFI done to it, as it's running really bad! I think there is a thermal vacum switch not working right or something...but I just need it to run for now.

Maybe I will just take a whack at it, and see if I can do it. If Phil can do it, I guess anyone can.....LOL

Let me know where, and I will see if I can make it to you.....

Rick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I will just take a whack at it, and see if I can do it. If Phil can do it, I guess anyone can.....LOL

So I guess that means your gonna do it yourself... and when it doesnt work, you want sarcastic answers from me....

Godd luck, have fun... I guess I'm glad I was too busy to order parts to do it for you

I had alot of fun helping with the lift.Wish I would have brought the electric impact the first day though.:) Looks really beefy to me.I think the kit was really nice and it sits nice and level now.I just worry about that camber though.With the stock tires on it now,it looks like a long travel baja buggy.:)

glad you got it done!!

sway bar?? what's that?? oh, is that that thing that those poser offroaders leave on they're lifted rigs? hmmm....I've probably got mine in a parts pile somewhere... ;)

the camber will settle out, just give it some time, especially if you haven't driven it yet! it get's WAY better just backing it out of the garage, then put 20-30 offroad miles on it, and it'll get even better

can't wait to see pics!!

I still have my sway bar....cut into a few pieces sitting in my shed :grin: But since Rick drives this baby as his daily I don't blame him for leaving it on, at least for now. Still think a detechable one would be good for daily driver/occasional off-road driver.

Rick I wil be at my house which is basically 6th & Indiana (then up and behind the Jefferson county fairgrounds). Just gotta put in my new oil pump, that showed up yesterday after it was supposedly on back order and I wouldn't get it until next week...stupid parts place. I also finally got my new front strut extenstions to hopefully fix my camber issue, the new ones defintely have more of an offset so I think that should take care of it. Drop me a PM or give me a call at seven-two-zero-nine-six-two-six-zero-zero-nine if you want to cruise by. If not I can wait till the meet/some wheeling etc to check it out.

Jerry-that 80 (81?) Brat is still sitting down the street from me and hasn't moved. Too bad it's a GEN 1 (hard to lift, I think), still think the right amount of cash will walk away with it. Even though he took the for sale sign down 5 months ago.

and when it doesnt work, you want sarcastic answers from me....

KBD:

Perhaps you are right Phil, you should do it......because that is exactly what you would do when I mess it up. LOL!!! So yeah, start getting ready still.....

DrKrazy:

I don't think I can make it up there today, as I think I have to iron a few hoses out, and I am going to try to rip some emissions control junk off of it today to see if it runs any better, or if it still wants to surge down the road.

Jerry:

At least we had the impact for 1 day! Thanks again for your help and the use of your tools!

As for the sway bar, It's been off since I dropped the 4 speed into it, I guess I will drive it with it off, as I lost the little mounting clip things, and I will see how it handles just lifted, and then with 27's it might just be scary....but we'll see.

Pics are to come very soon!!!!!!

Rick

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 5:00 already, and it's too dark to take any pics....sorry:banghead: , I was trying to get her running so I could drive it to the park and take some pics, and time flew away.

I pulled all of the bowl vent crap, and a bunch of other things I thought would be ok to pull, and she ran fine!

I also got my CV boot packed, and re banded, (now my engine won't be covered in CV grease) did a little re-arranging with some stuff, found my coolant leaks (heater core hoses had some pin holes in them) fixed them,

Call me crazy, but the thing revs faster, and smoother than it ever has! We'll see how long she runs good for now, but I am still SPFI'ing it.

Pics Tomorrow! First thing! They are woth waiting for! I promise!!! :brow:

Rick

so when are we gonna have a "Lets get Caboobaroo's RX running" party? Do I have to drag it down there to get some work done on it or will people be willing to come up here? Anyways, drive that beast up here and help me. Afterwards, we'll hit up some awesome trails and some big friggin rocks to go play on. Great place to get some pics of articulation:D

i wish i could take you up on that, i`ll come down with the 78, we`ll work on finishing your RX, then you help me lower the brat, put on an electronic disty and a hi-flo exhaust, and we`ll call it even:D instead of offroading though, i hope there is a 1/4 mile track around to blow the doors off the RX with the dually carbs going on the 78 soon:lol:

i wish i could take you up on that, i`ll come down with the 78, we`ll work on finishing your RX, then you help me lower the brat, put on an electronic disty and a hi-flo exhaust, and we`ll call it even:D instead of offroading though, i hope there is a 1/4 mile track around to blow the doors off the RX with the dually carbs going on the 78 soon:lol:

Well you might be surprised since my '78 Brat is getting resurected as soon as maximumBRAT's turbo Legacy is done and outta her shop. Then we're gonna be dropping either her old EA81 from her '81 Brat into there or I might snag one of my EA71's from my parent's house and drop a set of dual carbs I got layin around on there. If I'm really lucky, maybe I can get the old high compression GF motor back from XSNRG;) Yeah bring her on down, we'll lower her and give her a nice note comin from the back, and plenty of power to go around!

Yes! EA81 power baby!!!!!!!!

Sorry.....

Dr. K.........There is a park across the street from my house where I can get some cool pics, but there is an off roading place just down wadsworth from me. If you want to get together tomorrow like before 2 ish, give me a call tonight or tomorrow morning. (phone number is in a PM speeding to you!) and we can go tear it up over here. The place where I went with Phil (KBD) is just outside of Boulder and it's called lefthand canyon. The place down here is no lefthand, but it's good enough if you just want to flex your roo a bit.

Let me know....

Rick

Nice Rick.Not a bad pic.Hey I will have to get you that pitch stopper I got you and that radiator hose assortment.But hey I am pretty stoked,I got a brand new computer I am writing on now.My wife got it for me.:grin: It is friggin awsome.Dell XPS 2400 with the new pent 4 chip.Hey but enough of that and back to your brat.Looks great.

Merry Chrsitmas Eve everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that comp sounds sweet Jerry! And I got the radiator hoses figured out for now, and drop the pitch stopper by anytime, just give me a call. Heck if your not busy today, you can drop it by, and maybe we can go take some pics of the brat....

And I'll try to get some "articulation" pics today, I am going to go take some pics here in a little bit.

Rick

Here are a few pics, they kinda suck (Shady, I will send you some better ones in a few days, so don't use these).

It's awesome! I can't believe how easily it crawls over stuff...it's almost effortless! I can't wait to get it SPFI'ed and get some bigger tires on it!!!

The Pugs are almost ready.....

That's enough though, here are the pics!

bratartic1.jpg

bratartic4.jpg

How did I get this one on here?

pict0025.jpg

Rick