Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle May 19-21

:lol: OK cool.

Come on people.You register before and it saves you money...and you get a whole weekend pass should you stick around so you never pay admission,etc. again....and the "Goodie Bag":brow: You know you want the goodie bag and you're only going to get it if you register.

Looking like me and my son.Heading down Friday night,camping....maybe at Carlisle,but probably Gifford Pinchot St. Pk. which is about 25+minutes south of Carlisle.

Might hang overnight on Saturday too,not sure.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually had my car on the fairgrounds...is it safe to leave it there for the whole time? The reason I'm asking is that I'm not going to be able to make it over on Fri now because my dealership set up a tent sale for that day and kindly gave us only about 20 @#$%*&$ days notice. I have no problem dropping my RS there on Fri as long as it'll be safe, then hang out later Sat and all day Sun (gonna run the Autocross!). Any thoughts? Let me know.

Very safe to let it there. Someone I'm sure will be sleeping overnight and I know John will be letting one of his there too. There is always someone up around there and the people at this show are all great folks.

I'm having some troubles with the '78 as of this afternoon.Tranny/clutch....not too healthy,but hopefully not internal.

Might be better if I bring the '89 wagon.

As long as you're there we don't care what you bring as long as it's not a yellow beetle :eek: :-p

I'm having some troubles with the '78 as of this afternoon.Tranny/clutch....not too healthy,but hopefully not internal.

Might be better if I bring the '89 wagon.

What, that thing is light enough that the boy can push it.:headbang:

Maybe I should make the yellow Beetle owner push it.:lol:

Actually,I don't think Andrew is driving that at all these days.:clap:

Yeah,somehow,someway,I'll be there.

I'm thinking it's going to be a full weekend now.But contrary to previous thoughts I doubt I'll do the auto-X on Sunday if it means going to the barn in H'burg.:brow:

Who's camping at Carlisle???

Who, me? Sorry guys, the yellow Beetle went bye-bye...the monthly maintenance/repair bill was more than the car payment :eek:

As of right now I have no idea what I'm bringing. The Justy is dented up pretty good and the muffler is failing, both turbowagons are off the road (one overheating and one with a siezed 3AT), the '73 is having overheating issues and I need to locate a t-stat and water pump and the Leg still needs a clutch install.

It might be 3 people showing up in one Justy, but I'll be there.

THAT'S RIGHT! East Coast Subaru Show III is coming up!

I have already registered our club and I am working on the website right now for tracking registrations and planning events. I should be putting this up soon. We will have all the goings on of the prior years at the East Coast Subaru Shows. I will be bringing the grill, Subie flags, and of course the movie projector and 12x9 Ft screen. Last year was a spectacle with us all kicked back in the chairs watching movies and downing beers and bratwurst. No club has a shindig like we do.

-More news to come soon!

duty-honor-country marines picked up my marine this week. he was down in jacksonville. next he gets on ship and heads to war. I'm working weekends this month. have to bring son back to ship out on 26 may.

will keep reading these messages and attend next event. be wel, be safe and get home whole and well. D

I dont know if this can be done..but if we need to...I think Bucky should be able to make it there and back:confused: ..I dont know if you can transfer registration to another owners car. Just give me enough heads up to clean him up...if ya'll want to do that...or I could put a Subaru sticker on Tommys truck...LOL

Just a thought and an offer:)

I will let you know later in the week but we got a lot done today on the Legacy and with the Justy rehab. The Justy's still a little loud but the t-belt is done and she's got a fresh coat of wax...the clutch should be in the Leg by the end of tomorrow.

Unreal, The STI ate a turbo this past week. The exhaust turbine threw 1 and a half blades and the turbo seized. I overnighted it to the manufaturer and they are doing their best to get it back to me but it looks like slim odds. Looking at the plans, and the weather, one of a few options are likely. I may day trip up on the Harley for Sat and head home that night. Or, the wife and I might come up in the commuter car Sunday morning and stay overnight. I am not sure at thist point. But what is apparent is that I won't be able to bring the grill. Will someone else be able to bring a grill? I can probably still bring some beans and ribs.

Ben,

Were you going to bring a grill and if not can you swing by and grab mine? Call me or whatever....

Everyone else: Do we even want to bother cooking out???? Opinions please!

I can bring a grill since Scott seems to wanna bring a girls bike with only 2 cylinders and all.:banana:

That's no joke. The other day I had to pull one of my mufflers because the core had broken free of it's welds and was making a musical jingle like chains draging. I have also had the starter cover fall off, and the mirrors start to spin. And this is with religious tightening and locktight. You have to want to own a Harley to own a Harley.

That's no joke. The other day I had to pull one of my mufflers because the core had broken free of it's welds and was making a musical jingle like chains draging. I have also had the starter cover fall off, and the mirrors start to spin. And this is with religious tightening and locktight. You have to want to own a Harley to own a Harley.

Subieman definately wasn't joking:banana: remember we live in the land of York PA. I thought that Harleys were given to all men once they reach AARP status. Kinda like the selective service for the grey hairs.:grin: I'm never breaking welds on my Nighthawk. I just can't go real far without a chase vehicle.:-\

I just can't go real far without a chase vehicle.:-\

95 impreza FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny part is: you talk about this bike on 2 different boards but you keep failing to mention the issue that stopped you dead in your tracks last time. :eek: Now I'm not going to be "that guy" but realistically deep down ---> :lol::clap:

but back on the subject here...

Does anyone care for a cookout?

Are we still doing a motor swap?

Bueller, bueller

heh, i like the idea of a parade of subarus going through carlisle, and a large group of us invading some poor restaurant. :lol:

or maybe if we asked nicely my mom would cook dinner for all of us! lol...

I work enough in the rain......I hate having clothes on and being wet....that being said if it rains and we are working on the car....I'll just strip down and continue. mmmkay? :brow:

Please! I'm begging you...DON'T

My eyes have finally recovered from Annapolis..you and those extremely white legs :lol:

atleast I'm not afraid to show a little leg..... :lol:

The backs of them is still red though.

John's mom cook????!!!!!!????? hmmmmmm

Actually i was thinking of maybe a group of us going for pizza or something on sat. evening or something like that.

Open to ideas on this end. no suchi :eek: