Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 date and venue decided.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are talking about a newer digital projector:confused:

Yeah I know Im pretty sure that i can get one from some where in the valley, I just figured that it would be easier to get one from the location rather than having someone bring theirs and risk theft or breaking it. Just an option. But if someone has one and is willing to take it that would be good too.

California Crew:

Just so you all know, count me in again this year FO SHO!!! I'll be coming up from San Luis Obispo, so anyone who wants to meet me on my way I'm down. Depending on if we get it finished or not, I might persuade my friend to come along with in his AMC eagle, not a subaru but you guys will get a kick out of it, trust me...

-Mike

California Crew:

Just so you all know, count me in again this year FO SHO!!! I'll be coming up from San Luis Obispo, so anyone who wants to meet me on my way I'm down. Depending on if we get it finished or not, I might persuade my friend to come along with in his AMC eagle, not a subaru but you guys will get a kick out of it, trust me...

-Mike

Sweet, you takin the er27 brat? I wanna see it. There's already a post of us southern guys headin up check into it as time gets closer.

Hood River Co. Fairgrounds, Hood River, Oregon.

August 25-27.

So get to requesting your days off/vacation time. We'll get more info out as we get plans finalized and stuff. There will definitely be the mud pit in the horse coral again this year.

We'll be bugging the different boards for vollunteers and helpers soon. :):brow:

i'll be there this time to at least

look around but as the name says i'm subieless for now. unless someone want's to trade for a 94 plymouth pos. lol

i'll be there this time to at least

look around but as the name says i'm subieless for now. unless someone want's to trade for a 94 plymouth pos. lol

Look arounf or an 80's soob. They can be had for relatively cheap. 2-700$ sometimes, more but you shouldn't have problems finding one.

The time off. The willingness to drive several hundred miles to get there. Not be afraid to mingle with other fanatics (and not make too big an arse out of yourself). But seeing how your not afraid to ask a question like this, I dont see any of these requirements being a problem for you:grin:

And maybe in your case, a chaperone:eek:

Buddy

so what are the requirements (besides having a suby and being a board member) to go

actually you don't need either... its always nice, but deffinatly not a requirement...:) (and ya... bring money...:-p )

although if the person isn't a board member and they don't own a suby, they'll want to after that weekend!:D

I'm working with someone who thinks they can put together a TSD rally.

OHHHHHH I'm so getting my buddy geoff to come! (he just so happens to be one of the top navigators in BC...:cool:)

its gonna be a blast! hope i bring the brat again this year...

The time off. The willingness to drive several hundred miles to get there. Not be afraid to mingle with other fanatics (and not make too big an arse out of yourself). But seeing how your not afraid to ask a question like this, I dont see any of these requirements being a problem for you:grin:

And maybe in your case, a chaperone:eek:

oh the chaperone is no problem. as from what i see this is a family friendly event so the whole family would come along.

oh btw i'll be 17 by then.

Yes, its family oriented. But there are usually several "Bachelor Camps" where things happen that wont be mentioned here.

Are we enforcing a (noise) curfew this year? I remember the last show there, there was a certain camp that was quite loud way past midnight.

Yes, its family oriented. But there are usually several "Bachelor Camps" where things happen that wont be mentioned here.

Are we enforcing a (noise) curfew this year? I remember the last show there, there was a certain camp that was quite loud way past midnight.

hmmm....good to know about those bachelor camps. knowing this i would be careful on where i wander off to.

Hey i've got another idea. I'm tired of seeing the same people winning the same trophy's. Could we all chip in and get some more classes? Maybe best in show ea81, ea82, lifted, stock, pre 1978, 90-95, etc? That'd be nice for a change. I don't think it'd be too hard for someone to get an account going for donations, or maybe it could be tacked onto our registration?

Hey i've got another idea. I'm tired of seeing the same people winning the same trophy's. Could we all chip in and get some more classes? Maybe best in show ea81, ea82, lifted, stock, pre 1978, 90-95, etc? That'd be nice for a change. I don't think it'd be too hard for someone to get an account going for donations, or maybe it could be tacked onto our registration?

The trophies last year cost upwards of 1000 bucks to have made. 1200 the year before. To tack on more to the registration fees would upset too many people. No really.

Blame Subaru for making so many different kinds of cars. ;)

Originally Posted by Turbone

There is a "beer garden" at Hood River. Because of the rowdiness last year, anybody caught with a beer in their hand outside of it will be asked to leave. We'll make that clear. And if you say I'm being mean or unfair or unreasonable, know that before Ken and I were organizers, there was no alcohol allowed at WCSSs.

The camping area at HR is pretty contained. Which also means I won't have to yell at people for acting the fool and speeding around thru the campground. (my wife and I almost got hit by one of those last year while pushing our infant in a stroller)

The Subaru show is just that. But we added in a day or two extra to invite folks from farther away. It is a family oriented venue, not a big party.

Since we're on the topic behavior, we need to remember that the HR fairgrounds do have residential areas near by and that we need to act accordingly. We don't want to jeopardise our ability to use the fairgrounds in the future. Also, after last year's unscheduled fireworks display, maybe we should have similar rules for fireworks as we are going to have for beer outside of the beer garden.