Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 date and venue decided.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't look like i'll be taking the brat this year...

i was so excited to be taking the brat again but it doesn't look like it'd be able to make the trip...

i did a compression test on it today...

cyl.1=105psi

cyl.2=125psi

cyl.3=0.0psi :(

cyl.4=125psi

BOO!!!!:( :(

should still be taking the legacy though... the legacy is no brat...:(

i'm gonna see if i can fix it before the show... cross your fingers for me!!!

Too expensive to bring two cars, we're leaving the Legacy at home.
Plans might be changing, the clutch in the WRX is beginning to slip, I can get the clutch kit, but for some reason on one has the throwout bearing in stock (the clutch is a Centerforce Dual Fiction 230mm pull type).

I am designing the RallyCross course this week. I know it will have a big 360 degree skidpad in it! Other fun features as well.

To hopefully clear up any confusion on how we PLAN to run the RallyCross...

Sunday morning, you register and tech a car and buy a run card. It is $20 for 3 runs in that car (any licensed driver that has signed the waiver can drive). If you want more runs than just 3, they are $5 per run when purchased with the run card (i.e. load the card with 5 runs for $30, or 6 for $35 etc, etc) The card stays with the car so to speak because it has been tech inspected. You can take the runs any time during the day, we plan to run from 9:30am to about 3pm. Single runs are available and are $10ea. (if you wanna go out and show your stuff just once)

There is RallyCross driving INSTRUCTION available. For just $10 you can get one of the Primitive Performance Driving instructors (likely myself) to give you some pointers before your run, ride along with you, and give a brief driving evaluation and tips after your runs.

We are also going to try a package deal with 3 instructed runs, and a ride with your instructor around the course (so you can see how it is done) for $35. Great way to learn and bring along a friend for a thrill ride!

Loaner helmets will be available if you don't have one or remember to bring yours to the show.

Looking forward to seeing you all at WCSS8 at the Hood River Fairgrounds on Sunday August 27th. Consider taking I-84 up the gorge (instead of Hwy 35 over Mt Hood) to avoid any lingering wild fire road closures....

More info at: http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm

or email me at: pauleklund@msn.com

Definately bringing the Legacy now, the clutch in the WRX still slips, even after adjustments (not as bad as before, but still slips). My AAA will only tow within 100 miles of home, and Hood River is outside of that by quite a few miles. I will still be judging all the conversions. I finally found a throw out bearing, but the clutch kit doesn't get here until Monday, leaving no time to get the clutch in before the show. I'm getting too old to burn the midnight oil to get the car ready. Besides, it is not really in the condition that I want it to be in at the moment, there will always be next year.

Ok guys and gals, I work for Oil Can Henrys here in Hood River. I just talked to my boss and I got him to set up a discount for those traveling to the show. I know some of you dont like Quick Lube shops, but this one is full of guys who know a thing or two about cars. I am just setting this up so that those of you who are travling long distance or who havent had their oil changed in a while. It is a 15% discount off of any service (Oil change, gearboxes, A/C, and radiator or transmision flushes). All that you have to say is that you are part of the West Coast Subaru Show and they will get you your discount. I just thought this would be a nice thing to set up for those of you that are traveling here. Cant wait for the weekend. See you guys/gals here.

Peter

Hey guys,

I finally committed to come to the show! I'll be bringing a couple of friends and camping gear, can't wait to meet all of you. I'm really looking forward to going on some runs up in the hills, Hood River is such a purty area.

What usually goes on Friday nights? Is it slow, or pretty busy? I'm trying to decide whether I should come down Friday afternoon or Sat. AM.

Thanks!!!

Aaron

Hey guys,

I finally committed to come to the show! I'll be bringing a couple of friends and camping gear, can't wait to meet all of you. I'm really looking forward to going on some runs up in the hills, Hood River is such a purty area.

What usually goes on Friday nights? Is it slow, or pretty busy? I'm trying to decide whether I should come down Friday afternoon or Sat. AM.

Thanks!!!

Aaron

I think we counted 60 cars last time on Friday night at Hood River.

Friday is a good chance to get to know some folks ahead of the rest. It will also get you a better choice of tent spots. Might get you recruited as "Event Staff" too. :brow::clap: