Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New pictures of the t-coup

http://usmb.net/gallery/album249

My current progress on the t-coup, is seen on the above link. I had to find a replacement moter as the previous moter pretty much killed it's self when it overheated. I will keep updating more pics as I do more work. Tomarrow I'm hopefully going to have the engine assembled and ready to drop in. What do ya guys think of that nice shiny engine block? huh? :brow:

http://usmb.net/gallery/album249

My current progress on the t-coup, is seen on the above link. I had to find a replacement moter as the previous moter pretty much killed it's self when it overheated. I will keep updating more pics as I do more work. Tomarrow I'm hopefully going to have the engine assembled and ready to drop in. What do ya guys think of that nice shiny engine block? huh? :brow:

Looks great!! An engine just waiting to be rebuilt and come alive once again.

Um not to sound dumb but that doesnt look like a turbo motor to me. Is it just a standard EA81 or is it a turbo and i just dont know enough.

Na, its a turbo alright. You can see the hole for the knock sensor, the holes in the heads for injectors and the bracket off the 1-3 head for the turbo.

BY the way... in thoes pictures, you'll notice the hex plug is missing on the left side of the engine there? infront of piston 1. I want to take the one off the old moter, but I haven't had luck finding the tool for that Anyware, anyone have any Ideas where to get that tool?

BY the way... in thoes pictures, you'll notice the hex plug is missing on the left side of the engine there? infront of piston 1. I want to take the one off the old moter, but I haven't had luck finding the tool for that Anyware, anyone have any Ideas where to get that tool?

You just use a big allen wrench (most tool shops should have???) and a bit of pipe dont you?

yeah, I was looking for an allen wrench. No one carries anything between the size of 12mm and 17mm... Everyone is telling me it's a specialty tool and I can't get it. Went to action auto, went to Sear's tool center... I'm checking with Harbour freight today.

I got mine on EBay for about $11 including shipping.

yeah, I was looking for an allen wrench. No one carries anything between the size of 12mm and 17mm... Everyone is telling me it's a specialty tool and I can't get it. Went to action auto, went to Sear's tool center... I'm checking with Harbour freight today.

Hey Jerry so far so good, this is the moter thats missing that plug by the way. The moter seems to have really good compression and clean oil. The oil pump I put on it pumps so well that just hand cranking the engine with a breaker bar and no plugs in makes the oil pump crank out oil wich is pretty impressive for it only rotating half the speed the crank is, When by hand! :lol:

But yeah, Cleaned it up real good, you can click on the link at the top of this thread to view pictures of it.

Hey Carl This is Jerry, i have that allen wrench that you are looking for. BTW how was that engine that you got from me? Let me know Thanks Jerry