Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of my Brat (no 56K) *update and new pics (pg 3 @ #26)*

New pics here

Here she is as I got her: (whole car pics at the bottom)

Pretty much the only body damage is that front bumper, fortunatly I have a pristine one and an A-bar to match

There is one little tiny rust spot on the drivers wheel well, but the bed is PRISTINE. drooly drooly.

Also, the guy spray painted the wheels white without taking them off the car, or taking off the center caps, and not evenly either. looks like crap (but thats an easy fix)

DSCF5078.jpg

DSCF5077.jpg

DSCF5076.jpg

DSCF5075.jpg

DSCF5072.jpg

DSCF5069.jpg

DSCF5068.jpg

DSCF5067.jpg

DSCF5066.jpg

DSCF5065.jpg

DSCF5063.jpg

DSCF5062.jpg

nice color. funny about the painted wheels... I painted mine (off the car with the tires marsked) but spray paint is **** and it just chips off. I could clean them up and get the powder coated. but...

I'm not too keen on those canopies. I know there useful, they just look, :-/

anyway, nice color :)

_________

little brat

www.offroadingsubarus.com

ROFLOLZ!!!!!!!! spray-painted the wheels on the car?! did they over-spray the paint on the body!? some people should never be given a car title ...:horse::rolleyes::lol::banghead:

NICE score tho .. has the third eye too right? I love those bumpers ... so much tougher looking than the plain black plastic ones mine had stock :-p

NICE SCORE NICKY!!

looks cherry, welcome to the brat family:cool: you probly could put that one on evilbay and double your money or more:lol:

anyway, congrats on it

thanks, its been awhile coming.

yeah, he oversprayed on the tires and brake drums......thankfully not on the body.

Normally i dont like high toppers either, but for some reason it looks really good on this one. I think its the gold/white/red action going on....

thanks for all the compliments guys, i cant wait to start restoring it.

basically I am just going to restore everything as factory as possible, and add on all the lovely OEM accesories (a-bar, jump seats, maybe rollbar, and full targa stripes). Paint is fine so nothing to do there. I might throw a weber on for a bit more power. and of course tune that engine to perfect (has a vac leak somewheres right now)

thats about it.

what are your plans for her?

basically I am just going to restore everything as factory as possible, and add on all the lovely OEM accesories (a-bar, jump seats, maybe rollbar, and full targa stripes). Paint is fine so nothing to do there. I might throw a weber on for a bit more power. and of course tune that engine to perfect (has a vac leak somewheres right now)

thats about it.

Sounds about what's going to be happening with my gen 1 Brat. Congrats and she looks great!

took a look today,

found the vacuum leak, :rolleyes:two of the screws holding the carb to the manifold (or actually the adapter plate) are only half in. funny thing is the spare in the engine bay put enough pressure on the airbox so it plugged it all the way home.

It's a carter/weber single barrel, the screw heads holding the carb to whatever wierd plate its on are on the bottom so I either gotta pull the plate or the whole intake manifold. Problem with just pulling the plate, is one of the bolts is REAL hard to reach.

once I get some more time I will tear into it properly.

Awesome for the price man. That's a fine specimin, and a good platform to start with. Toss that topper tho - ugly. Bring it by and we can sort out that vac leak. I have a vacuum guage that should pin point that pretty easy.

GD

that topper is one of about 5,maybe 10 that were ever distributed on the west coast with that shape .they came from a place in seattle that made them ,and then realized that "the brat thing" was going to be a very quick social fad and stopped making them.if it is in good shape and you don't want it ,take it off so you don't kill it....please:grin:

that topper is one of about 5,maybe 10 that were ever distributed on the west coast with that shape .they came from a place in seattle that made them ,and then realized that "the brat thing" was going to be a very quick social fad and stopped making them.if it is in good shape and you don't want it ,take it off so you don't kill it....please:grin:

not to worry Monstaru, the topper will be looked after, I am planning to keep it on for awhile (maybe til summer) because it has kinda grown on me. Once I take it off it will be properly stored.

I also *might* be interested in trading it for a high rollbar.

Pete: typical wear on the seats, I havent looked at the pass side one yet but the drivers seat has tears in the usual spots

Tan '82 Brat seats - gotta love that lumberjack plaid pattern eh? Heh.

On the C/W... the bolts holding the carb to the manifold are notorious for that. Get the carb off, clean them up REALLY good and use some brake cleaner to make sure there is no residue on them. Then you'll have to use some serious loctite on those boys.

It's the feedback C/W isn't it? Ouchies - probably due for an O2 sensor change by now.

GD

oh yeah, loves it.

are those bolts supposed to have the head facing the manifold? seems backwards to me. oh and yep, feedback c/w, but I got a lead on a nice weber to replace it.

Tan '82 Brat seats - gotta love that lumberjack plaid pattern eh? Heh.

On the C/W... the bolts holding the carb to the manifold are notorious for that. Get the carb off, clean them up REALLY good and use some brake cleaner to make sure there is no residue on them. Then you'll have to use some serious loctite on those boys.

It's the feedback C/W isn't it? Ouchies - probably due for an O2 sensor change by now.

GD

got some time today, ended up just yanking the whole intake manifold to get at those stupid screws. Tightened em back down and presto, no vacuum leak. while I was doing that I noticed the lower rad hose is leaking (and smoking, thats interesting) radiator looks to be on its last legs (there is a hole on top plugged with JB weld) probably time for a replacement.