Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car Multi-sensor digital guage *added models & price ranges*

A shift light? Sure, shouldn't be too hard. User defineable rpm to turn on at?

For the LCD, you could choose from one of these two: http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/2004k/index.html#CFAH2004KYYHJP

A G-sensor? pretty much like a G-Tech? We've talked about it, but not much else. We'll have to see if we even have room for it on the board. If we did include one, it would probably add a decent chunk to the total price, and/or may not arrive until a couple product generations down the road.

thanks for the interest!

-Dave

im fine with killing the gsensor idea cuz of the price haha. but the shift light would be great if it was RPM user defined. I can't wait till these are done, I totally want one rather than going and buying a ton of lame autometer gauges or way over priced bundle of electronic gauges :clap:

I think these units sound pretty sweet. Any progress on the development? How hard will wiring one of these suckers in be? You're planing to write up instructions for it too, right?

Development is humming along nicely. Still at least a month out or so at the very earliest.

It will come with thorough instructions. It should also come with most everything you need to install it (all wires, fittings, etc).

As for installing it... for the CTS we're planning to find a plug that will replace the current dash CTS that has our sensor in it.

For oil temp, you can either shove the probe down the dipstick tube (not recommended) or drill & tap the oil pan to fit a special sensor/bolt we'll make and provide. Same with the exhaust temp.

Other than those, it will be mostly 'stick this sensor there, that one there' kind of stuff.

As for wiring, you'll just have to splice and/or make new connections to power.

hmm.. hadn't thought too much about doing that... was just planning on having user set thresholds to turn & off.

could most likely be added if so desired... :)

or easily bypassed, but it would be nice to have a way to do that, but disable it at the touch of a button (or flip of a switch). So us offroaders could reach down, and turn off the fan for 30 seconds while playing in the water.

• 3 weeks later...
bump. I've bery interested in this, I'm going to have trouble swinging it, financially, but I'd really like to.

We're still at least a couple months out now I'd guess... my company just got our first 'sale' last week, so we're working on getting everything ready for it. It could potentially lead to at least 1,000 units a year (or more!!) of a different product, so this project has been sidelined temporarily :-\

• 3 months later...

We're about a week or two from sending the first prototype PCBs (printed circuit boards) out to be manufactured. Other jobs got in the way and took precedence, but we're pretty much focused on this one at the moment :brow:

Soooo, we're looking at a month or two again... I'm really hoping to at least have a prototype installed to show at WCSS8.

We're about a week or two from sending the first prototype PCBs (printed circuit boards) out to be manufactured. Other jobs got in the way and took precedence, but we're pretty much focused on this one at the moment :brow:

Soooo, we're looking at a month or two again... I'm really hoping to at least have a prototype installed to show at WCSS8.

Sweet! keep us updated, in a month or 2, I'll probably be up for 2

Would be really interested in the base model. If around that price. Couple of things, I would like to have both the LED and buzzer warning, and do they have any bigger screens. I Would like try to use it in my race car and the bigger the numbers the less time I have to keep my eyes off the road. Either way I would still be really interested.

• 4 months later...

hello again. any news on this? I'm getting close to being able to afford it...and definately need it.

if it's not going to happen, that's cool, I'll go another route. but I am sort of holding out for an all-in-one unit.

one question. would it be possible to have a usb or serial port so it could be plugged directly into a computer for better monitoring? I'm thinking of putting a carputer into my wagon, and it'd be nice to have the 2 integrated...