Ultimate Subaru Message Board

top speed of rx ?

Something is up. 90 was never a problem in my 86 gl d/r 4wd 5spd wagon (natural). Nor was it a problem in my girlfriends 88 auto 2wd dl 3at sedan. I'm sure you get to 90 quicker than either of these cars, but it would seem that you should be able to do better. That was about top speed in the sedan and the 5th gear in the wagon would stretch it up to 95. Anything more and I needed a tailwind or a hill.

I have had my RX turbo up to 130mph. This was while I was towing a Hummer with 3 people over 300lbs each and 400lbs of cement blocks in the hatch. :lol:

Don't expect to go to fast in a stock RX. The power goes on vacation after 5600rpm.

woa how did you do that and why were you towing a hummer

My 87 GL10 with a JDM EA82T will hit 100 in no time. I am afraid to take it faster, but I know it will go.

Something about 13" tires going 100 mph and the centrifical force pulling the tires so that there is only like 2" of tire hitting the ground scares me.

how about the top speed of brats?Ive gone 70 in my brat on the very first day of ownership.I would have gone faster but it was night and the lights on 84 brats SUCK...Cant wait to see how fast it will go in the daytime.I wonder what the max speed for super swampers is considering I might go down that road

I've had my waggon up at 6000 rpms no problem stock, if it had the gearing it coulda gone off the speedo but with a 4 speed it falls maybe 40mph short :grin:

2 days before I got my 29" swampers I estimate I got to about 90 mph on I84(on 31" tires), I wasnt even paying attention and it snuck up on me, cause I always have to drive with it floored on the highway :banana:

I have had my RX turbo up to 130mph. This was while I was towing a Hummer with 3 people over 300lbs each and 400lbs of cement blocks in the hatch. :lol:

Don't expect to go to fast in a stock RX. The power goes on vacation after 5600rpm.

forgot to mention the part about going up that wicked 47% grade and that monster 5th wheel trailer that the hummer was sharing with that bulldozer

I dunno on both of my vehicles I have never flat out maxed them.the saab(non turbo 5 speed) I had it going 115MPH then the sunroof lid flew off(did some interior work and forgot to install bolts for said part) the subie I will probally go as fas as the snow tires im putting on it are rated for(112mph) the snow tires im putting on my brat are rated faster than I think a Brat could go downhill with a 50 MPH tailwind. the snow tires are snow tires for my saab(rolling on H rated tires) and sense the saab lives in town and it rarely ever snows...