Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Broke out the die grinder today.......

Roundeye

P1010003.JPGGot rid of some useless sheet metal below the front bumper. Also cut the swaybar off. DAMN what a difference off road! Not bad on the road. I went to the local clay pit and drove through places with all 4 wheels in contact where before it would lift a wheel and spin. If you have a swaybar....dump it!

P1010013.JPG

P10100021.JPG

35% (blocks out 65%) Years ago it would have been called 65. I like darker, but the law in Ala-fu*%&ng-bama prohibits anything darker on a car:mad: BTW: It is Llumar AT35 Platinum film.

In VA, you can have 50% front and 35% rear (transmittance) if you have both side view mirrors attached.

But then it states:

G. Nothing in this section shall prohibit applying to the rear side windows or rear window of any multi-purpose passenger vehicle or pickup truck sun-shading or tinting films that reduce the total light transmittance of such window or windows below thirty-five percent.

"multi-purpose passenger vehicle" means any motor vehicle that is (i) designed to carry no more than ten persons and (ii) constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road use.

Guess I need 5 jump seats in the wagon area.

In VA, you can have 50% front and 35% rear (transmittance) if you have both side view mirrors attached.

But then it states:

G. Nothing in this section shall prohibit applying to the rear side windows or rear window of any multi-purpose passenger vehicle or pickup truck sun-shading or tinting films that reduce the total light transmittance of such window or windows below thirty-five percent.

"multi-purpose passenger vehicle" means any motor vehicle that is (i) designed to carry no more than ten persons and (ii) constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road use.

Guess I need 5 jump seats in the wagon area.

nope, all you need is a lift kit (and keep the receipt and a copy of the statute in the glovebox for the nice highway patrolman).