Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bbq Cancelled Due To.....

ALL RIGHT MAYBE YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO COME TO MY HOUSE OR WHATEVER...BESIDES IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN ON SUNDAY...YOU GUYS PLAN SOMETHING AND I'LL SEE IF I CAN SHOW UP...IT'S KIND OF FRUSTRATING THAT YOU GUYS WANT EVERYTHING AND ARE NOT WILLING TO PUT FORTH A LITTLE EFFORT:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ALL RIGHT MAYBE YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO COME TO MY HOUSE OR WHATEVER...BESIDES IT'S SUPPOSED TO RAIN ON SUNDAY...YOU GUYS PLAN SOMETHING AND I'LL SEE IF I CAN SHOW UP...IT'S KIND OF FRUSTRATING THAT YOU GUYS WANT EVERYTHING AND ARE NOT WILLING TO PUT FORTH A LITTLE EFFORT:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

relax I would have come (I love to BBQ) but its a little bit out of the way for me.:-\

Chill, I've been around here awhile, and I'm not sure that I know who you are. Have you showed up at any of the other meetings to get to know who people are. Heck, as well known as I am, I get a small turn out a my BBQs, even with my wife's reputation for great food. Also, you need to give about a month or so prior notice so people can make arrangements, if I remember correctly you only posted this earlier this week.

want everything? not willing to put forth some effort? hmm, if i was an old timer on this board i would be kinda upset with those words....like was mentioned...gotta give lots of lead time for planning things...people have families, errands, trips to go on etc....with only 34 posts you havent been around very long anyway...like the guy said..chill...

Maybe this would help.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16508

We had a mini meet up at Dicks Drive-in last week, everyone was invited.

The meet season is just getting started, Spring is here and the weather is getting better (a little), so things will be picking up. Dont cop a attitude, it might be tougher to meet people that way.

OK, OK, Maybe I was a little hasty in my response..to no response.:-\

I'll try things again later....i guess I'm a little more used to quicker responses thats all.:o Let me know if End of May beginning of June sounds better....would have to be on Sunday though as that is the only weekend day I have off.

:slobber:

Sometimes no response is just that; "no response" and nothing personal. I know people who don't access the USMB more than once or twice a week (I'm not one of them:rolleyes: ). A little more notice and the luck of picking the right weekend might work better for you. Just to add my 2 cents, the first weekend in May is a rallycross on that Sunday, so if a later weekend works for you, it works for me (watch out for Mother's Day weekend too).

Up at the top of the Meet and Greet page is a Sticky for McBrat's USMB members map.

If you look at it, you'll find that there aren't too many members in Tacoma. I happen to live in North Seattle, but never saw your post. I noticed youposted Monday, gave everybody till Sunday to RSVP, but by Wednesday you were already up in arms because of no reply.

I gotta level with you. I hate the Tacoma traffic and probably wouldn't drive to Tacoma for a bb-q. Make it in a central location, closer to other members. Pick a park you're familiar with or something.

I hopped on just to see when it was and if I could make it / work out chips/drink etc.... I didn't know until today if my hours were going to run through the time of the BBQ, damn finicky work-hours:mad: . Anywho, as to someone whose met him and hung out for a bit - Dave is a standup guy, with a pretty cool wagon to boot :headbang:

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -