Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air Filters for us Cone EA82 guys???..

The filter i got right now came with my EA82 adapter. Its some generic cone filter, and its LONG overdue for replacement. I went to Kragen and got some piece made by APC. It fit, but under close examination it looks like its only a sponge type filter, and there is no paper element at all. I hardly trust this thing, but I am going to leave it on until I can find a respectable replacement.

So, with that being said... ANyone know of a good cone filter that fits on our Adapters?

-Brian

i work at a checker/kraggen ask the guy behind the counter to see the k/n cataloge it should be under filters if he is lazy you can order some cool ones that cost the same or less than the ones they stock also the cones are usually around $45-75 model dependant

trust me:brow:

Just a word of caution on the wire mesh K&N style filters, we get about 10 powerstrokes every month in for blown turbos because the trucks are running aftermarket K&N style air filters, which is a bummer, as there not covered under warranty.

Just a thought as you choose your next air filter.

go for the new aem dryflow filter. it uses a microfiber filter element that traps something like 99.4% of that stuffs that you dontwant in your engine. this filter raped k&n in the testing om what ive heard. i have one on my impreza and im about to get one for my rx. cool thing about it is that you dont need to oil it, just clean it out.

http://www.aempower.com/press_events_detail.asp?aid=58