Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Paint scheme for brat?

Uberoo

The Paint on my 84 brat is ************e so I was thinking of something better.How is this?The green is dark green and the dark grey is supposed to be flat black.the pic doesnt show future lift and it doesnt show my 102" whip antenna.bear with me.it saved low quality so areas that are green are just a solid color not camo,same with flat black.note this is not my brat.

I call it subi roadwarrior.:grin:

also there is a snorkel on the passenger side A pillar

post-18483-136027616626_thumb.jpg

The Paint on my 84 brat is ************e so I was thinking of something better.How is this?The green is dark green and the dark grey is supposed to be flat black.the pic doesnt show future lift and it doesnt show my 102" whip antenna.bear with me.it saved low quality so areas that are green are just a solid color not camo,same with flat black.note this is not my brat.

I call it subi roadwarrior.:grin:

also there is a snorkel on the passenger side A pillar

I like the forrest green that you have pictured.

i agree, the clear coat would be nifty:brow: almost too cool:cool: but if you miss a spot of bare metal, it will rust to crap in no time.....also if you already have rust, its tough to cover up bondo with clear;)

the green makes it look like a beast, but its up to you what you want your car to look like. either way, i think its bad treatment for a brat seeing how rare and valuable they are.

My brat is silver right now.only problem is rust has went through the silver in some spots,partically the bed and fenders.About how much bed liner do I need to line the bed,from bottom to top rail,front to back?

also what do you think of my idea for the tree protection for the front?

My brat is silver right now.only problem is rust has went through the silver in some spots,partically the bed and fenders.About how much bed liner do I need to line the bed,from bottom to top rail,front to back?

I'd say a gallon of herculiner should do the trick

Not to hi-jack.. but you you really think just on gallon of herculiner would work? I am in process of doing that this week and it only covers 60 square feet a gallon..Is that really enough to do the bed and the brat. I am thinking 2 1/2 gallons...

sorry for the hi-jack

but if it helps there is some one who has a forrest green brat on the photo side. They are rallying it in the pic.

I have the pic on my jump drive let me find it.

Not to hi-jack.. but you you really think just on gallon of herculiner would work? I am in process of doing that this week and it only covers 60 square feet a gallon..Is that really enough to do the bed and the brat. I am thinking 2 1/2 gallons...

sorry for the hi-jack

but if it helps there is some one who has a forrest green brat on the photo side. They are rallying it in the pic.

I have the pic on my jump drive let me find it.

i just did mine and a gallon was more than enough

I'd say go with the paint. If you were to take it to bare metal and clear it, the clear wouldn't adhere properly and would soon lift. You must at least have DTM etching primer on bare metal and then sealer for clear to adhere properly. I had that idea and soon found it wouldn't work.