Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old School Meet! Wyoming/Colorado guys and gals! Sept. 23rd, 2006

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, it's a subaru meet.:banana::banana: We aren't scared by a little snow. Although if its snowing, there's no sense in staying indoors -- I'd like to find a good trail through the snow to drive on. Anyone want to go up Fall River road perchance?

Z

Ok guys, the weather man has got me a tad worried....calling for a high in the 50's with chances of snow on Saturday, what do you all think?

Shall we go ahead or push it back?

I do have a large basement if needed, and we could hang out down there and watch Cannonball Run while we blab. Would hate to call it off after all the planning. Let's hear what you guys think.

.. Anyone want to go up Fall River road perchance? Z
I was in Estes last week. The paved road is already closed.

However, I found a couple tiny spots near Golden we can run cars up. Of course there's always a favorite of mine near Georgetown but that's a bit of a trek too. --Eric

Wouldn't mind being able to play someplace...will see if it even snows. The RX prob isn't going to handle well in the snow now with those 205/60 street performance tires on it though...and well I got my cheap rump roast welder and am trying to fix the lifted rig but I SUCK at welding so is not going good so far. Should've been cleaning the house today but gotta play with your new toys right? Plus I ran over and picked up an engine for Mike, which meant I had to swap batteries around and get the old beast of a truck on the road again. Just got hit the grocery store tomorrow, and maybe do some cleaning (10 bucks says I'm outside trying to weld my header back together still ;) ) and will be all ready for the Barb-a-que. Well as ready as I'm going to get.

Oh and in case anyone gets lost my home number is seven two 0 nine 6 two 6 zero 0 nine

Don't forget to bring some chairs (I did not get out to buy any and right now there is 1 in my backyard lol)

(10 bucks says I'm outside trying to weld my header back together still ;) ) and will be all ready for the Barb-a-que.

I can see that you will probly be building a pull behind BBQ pit soon enough with some offroad tires on it!:rolleyes:;) Just kidding. You will get the hang of welding soon enough.Exhaust is one of the harder things to weld anyway.Did you get a stick or wire feed?

A totally cheap CMT POS (only saying that cause this is first attempt at welding I've ever made, actually welder seems to work good) 90amp 110v wire-feed flux core welder, don't have money for anything else and paid $130 for it, so no biggie. Once I refianance the house in a few years and get my garage built/driveway redone then it will be time for building up the big tools. Till then still working on remodeling the inside of the house, no room for the big~good stuff in the shed.

Ok everything is good to go for tomorrow (think I even got the lifted rig fixed, not that it really matter for tomorrow but was able to rearrange my driveway)

Ok few things my driveway is fairly large so if you park nice and tight there will be more parking for everyone. This is a picture from me standing on my sidewalk tonight afer my rearrange:

driveway.jpg

As you can see plenty of parking, we will defintely over flow into the street. My neighbors tend to park in front of my house but keeping my fingers crossed they don't tomorrow (don't mistake my house for my neighbor with the twin legacies). Another thing about parking, the neighbor directly up the street from me needs a parking space in front of his house (or he gets mad) so try not to park there.

Only other thing I need maybe Eric or Jerry can grab on their way here is a bag or two of ice. (Since both of you are showing up a tad early to help get the canopies setup) One of you handle that?

Really looking forward to tomorrow, hope you guys are too!

10ish...no no 12ish (You come at 10 and you'll probably find me in my sweat pants drinking coffee still) and a repost for everyone:

So looks like this:

When: Saturday September 23rd, 12pm'ish

Where: My house, unless we actually get a ton of people that want to come

Address: 15892 W. 1st Drive, Golden, 80401

Phone: Seven 2 Zero Nine 6 Two 6 Zero 0 Nine

Directions: From 6th Ave, take it to Indiana, go south on Indiana till you come to the 6th Ave frontage road (first light just south of 6th). Take a right (west) on the 6th Ave frontage road. Follow the frontage road past the fairgrounds and stay on it as it turns south and begins to go up a big hill past a bunch of businesses. Keep going on the frontage road (keep an eye out for my future Brat on the right about halfway up the hill, unless I have it in my driveway by then) and as you approach the top of the hill you are going to hit a dead end and can only take a left. So go ahead and take a left and that is 1st Drive. I'm about halfway down the block on the right, can't miss my driveway with the RX, Lifted Sedan, wife's legacy, etc. Really the only one on my block that has a huge driveway on the side of my house. I know it sounds kinda hard, but believe me it's super easy to get here, I just suck at giving directions. Several of you have been here, and don't think anyone has ever had a problem finding it.