Ultimate Subaru Message Board

People who didnt make it to the show.... WTF?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not drive the Subaru? I know of more than a couple of cars about that old that were driven to the show from much farther away than Washington.
Probably doesn't want to put the miles on it. The first thing that comes to mind for me when I see a car with low miles is that it has spent a lot of time in the shop.

Oh, and no driving in Oregon because you don't like people fueling your car is the lamest excuss so far.

Oh, and no driving in Oregon because you don't like people fueling your car is the lamest excuss so far.

Yeah? My big reason is just that. I was there in my prettiest Brat, the dark blue 86, and the chick filling my tank busted the latch on the gas cap cover.

Now why should I have to go to the J/Y, find one and then rebuild mine just because of some stupid person at a gas station?

Now I just stand there and watch them like a hawk, arms folded in front of me. lol

Gas tanks aside, keep in mind that I'm going to organize another Hatch Patrol Meet at Evans Creek somewhere about the time of next year's WCSS.

We can camp, 4X, drink, party, make noise, and carry on any way we like. I'll give lots of notice as to just when, but probably in July before it gets too dry.

I'm thru dealing with the trouble that comes with inviting these young kids in their new hot rods. And I could personally care less about seeing a bunch of new imprezas and or WRXs parked together in a row. OOh a blue one! With green hoses! and a perrin intercooler! OOOhh. . . :rolleyes:

The only kind of trouble we ever get into at EC is with a busted axle or radius arm or something. :lol::brow:

So yeah, keep it in mind.

Yeah? My big reason is just that. I was there in my prettiest Brat, the dark blue 86, and the chick filling my tank busted the latch on the gas cap cover.

Now why should I have to go to the J/Y, find one and then rebuild mine just because of some stupid person at a gas station?

Now I just stand there and watch them like a hawk, arms folded in front of me. lol

Sorry that happened to you, but I drive in Oregon alot, and have never had such an experience. So, I'm sure that there are the occasional accidents, I doubt that they are the norm. I still think it is a lame excuse.

I was on my way to Cali once and fueled up in OR. The guy walked away and left the pump going. A couple minutes later gas was spewing on the ground. I refused to pay for what was spilled.

• 2 weeks later...

Spiffy: Was hoping to get to go wheelin with you again, its been years. Sucks you couldnt make it, glad I didnt drag the rear disc's with me.

I was totally there, and saw your sweet new hatch... but we were in the gf's impreza so no wheeling for me...

didn't see you milling around... but I think you may have been in the camping area with everybody else...

sorry I couldn't stay long... I looked at all the cool subies and watched people play in the mud pit for a while...

and I think richie was stuck behind the registration counter the entire time I was there...

it was my anniversary weekend and I had just proposed to the girlfriend... we were kind of looking forward to the trip home and relaxing (and other things) after being out all weekend...

I totally owe you a visit... sorry man...

--Spiffy

Gas tanks aside, keep in mind that I'm going to organize another Hatch Patrol Meet at Evans Creek somewhere about the time of next year's WCSS.

We can camp, 4X, drink, party, make noise, and carry on any way we like. I'll give lots of notice as to just when, but probably in July before it gets too dry.

I'm thru dealing with the trouble that comes with inviting these young kids in their new hot rods. And I could personally care less about seeing a bunch of new imprezas and or WRXs parked together in a row. OOh a blue one! With green hoses! and a perrin intercooler! OOOhh. . . :rolleyes:

The only kind of trouble we ever get into at EC is with a busted axle or radius arm or something. :lol::brow:

So yeah, keep it in mind.

even with my new fangeled car can i show up?