Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have to go with Nipper here only because my other two cars have exhibited the same symptons only happening at highway speeds especially with A/C on and fully loaded especially on hot days when the roads are baking,my taurus would actually shut down when the fuel in the tank got so hot the veins in the fuel pump would expand and it couldn't supply the fuel needed,where as my 93 Legacy wagon with somewhat higher clearance to the fuel tank went longer before the fuel pump would cut out,but anyways sounds like a pump problem to me just my .02. John

My 2006 Impreza does it at all speeds. Worse with the AC on. I was told it's just part of driving a Subaru and that you have to get used to it.

er um, can i sell you a bridge?

Go back to the dealer and test drive another imprezza of the same year and see if it does it. If it doesnt (preferably a car a salesman uses) stand your ground.

The car should not jerk at all. Call subaru's regional rep and complain.

nipper

My 2006 Impreza does it at all speeds. Worse with the AC on. I was told it's just part of driving a Subaru and that you have to get used to it.

it is electrical. time will either seat the invisible flow in - or there really is a problem (short circuit).:)

I did drive another and it was just like mine. How many should I drive?

Perhaps just these two do it. But these are the only two Subarus I've ever driven. The dealer has told me that there's nothing wrong with it. Says it's just the super sensitive electronic throttle and takes getting used to.

Now that it's cooler and I don't need the AC, it's tolerable. But it's my first and last Subaru.