Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lockers of various sorts have been pursued for quite some time by the offroad old-gen Subaru crowd, without much luck. You're talking about ARB air lockers, which are awesome, and very popular, despite their expense, with the toyota and jeep crowds. The only way to put them on a Subaru is to install solid axles from a rig that they are available for. Qman did that in the rear of his brat a while back, but I never did hear how that turned out.

The readily available options for lockers that work with the stock drivetrain are: 1. Taking the rear LSD diff carrier from an EA82T car and installing it in your diff. 2. Welding your diff, creating a solid rear axle.

ARB Lockers are hot stuff, but they're expensive...

Might not be worth it on the Subaru (oops, didn't mean to say that. I'm so going to get beat up now).

ARB Air Locker ~ $700

ARB Compressor ~ $220

HEATHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though shall die the death of a 1000 headgaskets for that comment.

nipper

Even if they aren't good for autocross....I'm purty sure I can find a use where they would be good!

Diffs happen to be unrestricted starting with street prepared and on up through mod. Not counting street touring though....

Jay Storm