Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Outback Wagon Check Engine Light

Hi John, thanks for the update.

I to am going to get one, a guy has one for sale that is close

to my residence.

Please do post when

you find the way to keep it from auto shut down.

I have a problem with that feature on a gauge that is used to monitor so many outputs.

Maybe Nipper or one of the other users will explain.

I bought it from the guy, above, on eBay. Received it in a few days. Finally got around to hooking it up on my '98 OBW. After brushing a foot of snow off the car so I could get in, I started it up and the check engine light stayed on. I hooked up the Scangauge according to the manual, and it showed "No Codes". I checked the stored codes - "None found". :-\

Okay, so I look at the dash ... the check engine light was off! :confused:

Well, actually cool! :clap: I didn't have to clear it or anything.

I finished digging the car out and drove it around the neighborhood a little (not much salt on the roads right now, so I went for it). This is a cool little tool, seems to work well. It keeps shutting off after 10 seconds, I wonder if there is a way to stop that, so it just keeps reading? You can change the backlight color - I've got mine set on blue, and it will fit nicely just under the stock stereo (need to route the cable nicely).

So far, I like it. Money well spent.

John Wilke

Milwaukee

i know im going to speak of blasphamy here, but go back and read the directions.

There is a setting to keep it on while the car is on.

nipper

I have the Equus model 3110 reader and the new 3130 scanner. They are great I think. So far I have not needed them for my Subaru but I have used them on a few friends vehicles that showed some error lights. I recommend them if anyone is looking to purchase one. I purchased both of them through Ebay at significantly reduced retail prices.

• 2 years later...