Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Actual EJ Dual Range Transmissions!

Is anyone interested in purchasing new EJ Dual Range Transmissions? I am in Australia right now and I've found a supply of them not many though but enough to warrant importing them. These are not the week EA transmissions but the full blown new mfg subaru manufactured EJ Transmissions meant for the 250 Horsepower outback. They most likely will included a rear diff with the transmission for correct gearing.

Cost will be about $2500 a transmission and diff assembly. I will not import them if there is no interest

could you get used ones in OK shape for less? They're also available in South america, where the shipping would probably be cheaper. How many would you ship at once? Put this on NABISCO as well.

I've seen one stateside, it was in a 92 legacy wagon i test drive a few years back. I didn't realize how rare that transmission was then or would have snagged it up on the spot.

what is the low range on those guys? the earlier ones out of legacy GX's and such are like 1.15:1 with 3.9 diff gears or something to that effect.*might* be worht it if they have something closer to 2:1 and/or 4.44 diff gears but I bet its closer to 1.1xx:1.also maybe go to the yards down there and get 1 or 2 legacy GX dual range trans, I doubt youd have any trouble getting a bit of profit out of them back here. from what Ive seen off the rslibertyclub.org forums they go for anywhere from $200-400 aus and shipping should be what, 2-400us for a pallet?

ps I still remember watching you jump the living *************** out of your wagon at wcss7, that was pretty cool.

what is the low range on those guys? the earlier ones out of legacy GX's and such are like 1.15:1 with 3.9 diff gears or something to that effect.*might* be worht it if they have something closer to 2:1 and/or 4.44 diff gears but I bet its closer to 1.1xx:1.also maybe go to the yards down there and get 1 or 2 legacy GX dual range trans, I doubt youd have any trouble getting a bit of profit out of them back here. from what Ive seen off the rslibertyclub.org forums they go for anywhere from $200-400 aus and shipping should be what, 2-400us for a pallet?

There always has to be SOMEONE that just ruins the cool factor :-p

nipper

Cost will be about $2500 a transmission and diff assembly. I will not import them if there is no interest
For new Subaru trannies that is a great price, and to get the rear diff too, that is amazing. The only thing is, that is probably too high for a lot of the people on this board. Now if I were into 4 wheeling a Legacy or Impreza, then I'd be interested, but right now that's not in my plans.

Great find though, I hope it works out.

For new Subaru trannies that is a great price, and to get the rear diff too, that is amazing. The only thing is, that is probably too high for a lot of the people on this board. quote]

I will have to agree with this, unfortunately. I have the desire (strong desire) for one.....but lack of cash-ola is the killer.:-\