Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying to find pics of the craziest lifted 95-99 legacys

weddes05

Can anyone help me?....I have been tryin to find disgusting 95-99 legacy lift pics. Possibly even the body transplanted onto another frame. I know there was one floating around of a leg on a rover chassis. Tryin to show a guy at work but havin no luck. I want to do a lifted OB but dont think I want to go through all the processes of using the OB drive train....maybe throw it onto another frame.

Here's a little. \/

It's a 2000-2004, but it gives you an idea.

Another one.

And WRX2FFU has a lifted Legacy. Check that out.

I believe another member, Subafreak, was working on a pretty big lift on a Gen 1 Legacy.

Unfortunately, the '95-'99s are the most neglected as far as lifting goes (except for using Outback struts/springs). Try checking out the lifted Gen 1 Legacys for 'guidelines'.

I am deff gonna do a 95-99. I just don't think I want to go through the hassle of tryin to mod everything to make it work. I am just prob gonna take some wheel base measurements for other vehicles and figure out what chassis would work best, as far as a pick up or SUV

Can anyone help me?....I have been tryin to find disgusting 95-99 legacy lift pics. Possibly even the body transplanted onto another frame. I know there was one floating around of a leg on a rover chassis. Tryin to show a guy at work but havin no luck. I want to do a lifted OB but dont think I want to go through all the processes of using the OB drive train....maybe throw it onto another frame.

Personally i think that would be more work. But hey.........

Reasonably you can lift one your self for a few hundred and a welder. I did not lift mine but have pretty much had the whole car apart since i bought it. It was lifted with 2" aluminum blocks to drop the drivetrain and 98' OB struts for a littlle more lift.

Plus it'as a 90' , But here's some pics:clap:

offroadlegacy009Medium.jpg

offroadlegacy018Medium.jpg

offroadlegacy023Medium.jpg

One of my favorites. :)DSC01364Medium.jpg

sorry to highjack but if anyone has any information on this build I would greatly appreciate hearing about it(pm would be nice as to not highjack the thread completely)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4687&d=1172021793

but anyways aside from that, I would LOVE to get my hands on a legacy to play with, I have some metal fab skills and could probably do a mild lift no problem maybe more if someone wants to submit their vehicle and cover the cost of materials... :grin:

Try this link. http://www.f4x4.is/new/photoalbum/default.aspx?file=oldsite/778

sorry to highjack but if anyone has any information on this build I would greatly appreciate hearing about it(pm would be nice as to not highjack the thread completely)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4687&d=1172021793

but anyways aside from that, I would LOVE to get my hands on a legacy to play with, I have some metal fab skills and could probably do a mild lift no problem maybe more if someone wants to submit their vehicle and cover the cost of materials... :grin:

Personally i think that would be more work. But hey.........

Reasonably you can lift one your self for a few hundred and a welder. I did not lift mine but have pretty much had the whole car apart since i bought it. It was lifted with 2" aluminum blocks to drop the drivetrain and 98' OB struts for a littlle more lift.

how much effort is it to just do what you described, rather than a normal lift like what you could purchase ready made?

how much effort is it to just do what you described, rather than a normal lift like what you could purchase ready made?

You'd have to gather your own materials. Bolts, and lift block material. Honestly i am not sure anyone makes EJ series(IE: BC/BF/BJ/BD/BG/BK legacy's/outbacks) lifts anymore. AA might make you one though if you asked them. They do nice work from what i've seen.

As far as doing the lift it would be the same amount of physical work.

Also you would need a welder to lengthen your steering, or someone to make you a new universal joint for the steering.

For lift block material you can use 2x4 steel with holes drilled. Mine is made from solid aluminum blocks.

Also steel to drop your struts. Round tube with steel plates.

You need to decide how much lift you want. If you go 2 - 3 inches with blocks. Your ok.

IMO any more you would need to subframe the car which is of course a lot more work.

2 " blocks and OB struts make a nice lift on my car but you may want more.

I am sure there is something i am forgetting...........

You'd have to gather your own materials. Bolts, and lift block material. Honestly i am not sure anyone makes EJ series(IE: BC/BF/BJ/BD/BG/BK legacy's/outbacks) lifts anymore. AA might make you one though if you asked them. They do nice work from what i've seen.

As far as doing the lift it would be the same amount of physical work.

Also you would need a welder to lengthen your steering, or someone to make you a new universal joint for the steering.

For lift block material you can use 2x4 steel with holes drilled. Mine is made from solid aluminum blocks.

Also steel to drop your struts. Round tube with steel plates.

You need to decide how much lift you want. If you go 2 - 3 inches with blocks. Your ok.

IMO any more you would need to subframe the car which is of course a lot more work.

2 " blocks and OB struts make a nice lift on my car but you may want more.

I am sure there is something i am forgetting...........

cool, I think thats about what I need to know. I do have access to a welder, friend of mine does body work and random mechanical stuff. plus I know he's up for a project. so now I need a decent legacy for cheap. used to have one, loved it.