Ultimate Subaru Message Board

29 inch tires ? od ?

some guys say 28s will fit in stock wheel wells ?

ill have to see that

Well... Me Too!

Also, Why Don´t you Refer to the Size as is Detailed in the Tyre?

For Example, I have 205/60 R-13 on my Yellow Wagon, and 195/65 R-13 on my White Wagon.

The numbers Means: (as Far as I Know)

205= the size from one Side to the Other Side, startin´ to Measure from edge to Edge (Where Tyre touches the Rim)

60= is the Amount in % taken from that Cypher (205) to make the Tyre´s Walls. In this case, is 60% of the 205.

R= Rim :D (Some Brands Add: "S" or "Z" Before the R, meanin´ sometimes "S" = Sport, and "Z" = High Speed.

13= You Know... :rolleyes: ... 13"

So, the Question is: Why you say 29, 28.5, etc, instead of... 205/70 ZR-14 for Example? :confused:

So, the Question is: Why you say 29, 28.5, etc, instead of... 205/70 ZR-14 for Example? :confused:

Its referred to by both. In offroading, people often care more about the tire diameter than the actual tire width and sidewall aspect.

In non-offroading contexts, you usually see the tire size: 185/70/13

In offroading contexts, you usually see the diameter: 23.2"

Because the LT (light truck) tires that many people are using for these applications are marked in inches on the sidewall. It's an American thing, I guess. Americans (civilians, anyways) are some of the last people in the world to hold onto measuring things in inches, feet, miles, etc. Most other countries have switched to the metric system long ago, thus most tires are marked using metric measurements. Interesting enough, though: the wheel (or rim, as some people call it) is still measured in inches in most countries. Weird.

Because the LT (light truck) tires that many people are using for these applications are marked in inches on the sidewall.

I don't think I've ever seen a tire with the outside diameter marked on the sidewall.

The LT tires are marked with the tread width in inches. Not the diameter.

Thank you for your Responses! :)

... It's an American thing, I guess. Americans (civilians, anyways) are some of the last people in the world to hold onto measuring things in inches, feet, miles, etc. ...

Not only in U.S.A. People use Inches, feet, etc... We in Honduras use Both Measurement Systems in Some Cases...

Distance is in Kilometers, Fuel in Gallons, etc... Such a Confusin´ Custom, isn´t it?

Distance is in Kilometers, Fuel in Gallons, etc... Such a Confusin´ Custom, isn´t it?

Kilometers per gallon??? :lol:

Raise your hand if you are an american, ashamed by the intellectual laziness of your country, AND embarrassed by the fact that the rest of the world patiently waits for us to come around!

*raises*hand*