Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone in Va

• 1 year later...

I would be another VA Sube nut.....right in chesterfield County, just west of Richmond. So pleased that someone started a thread to contact USMB members in VA.

Would anyone be intereseted in getting together in Central VA, say in the Spring.......I'm thinking about putting something together, say at Pocahontas State Park, where we could show our Soobs & talk up close & personal.....show each other some of the improvements we've made to our cars & generally make a Soob day of it. Anyone like the idea??

• 2 weeks later...
Timmy..you need to go down and kidnap Shannon and drag him with you to Carlisle..some of us miss his presence derned it!!!

as soon as i get the brat on the road, i am planning to take a trip down that way to see my family, so ill just have to drag him back with me:grin:

I am in Elizabeth City, NC, 40 miles south of the border in N.E. NC.

I am a traveling HUD inspector and I am all over VA/NC/PA/MD.

I was in Asheville, NC, one day, and then Bluefield VA/WV the next, then to Lynchburg, Charlottesville,.... all in one week.

I get around!!!! and most of the time I am in my lifted 84 GL wagon. I sleep in the back of it quite often.. I need to keep from eating axles tho.. My 1000 miles a week or so has caused me to go through 4 axles on the left side in 2 months!!!

I would be open for a meet anytime, as I am around all the time!!!

/mike

im at splat82's house a lot. i agree we need to have a get together sometime. id love to have another subaru to ride the trails with the club.:banana:

I'm not really into the off road myself, but I would enjoy taking a ride on the lifted side through the woods, lol.

I've been somewhat of a recluse the last few months, just simply got burnt out with the internet, mainly my internet provider and their problems. But I'm back again.

• 2 years later...

*Bumping this thread from the graveyard*

First time Subaru owner here, just got my '91 Loyale on the road this past week. :banana:

I live in Ruckersville, which is just north of Charlottesville, and work in Elkton.

This means that daily I drive Swift Run Gap up through the Shenandoah National Forrest, crossing the summit of the Blue Ridge Mountains at Skyline Drive, and back again.

Needless to say, sometimes winter driving can be "interesting", especially a winter like the last one. :rolleyes:

I'm grateful for this forum getting me well on my way to fixing a few issues with my Loyale, particularly the ones that seem typical to EA82 vehicles. I hope I can keep my Loyale going for a long time.

So anyway, good to see other Virginia USMB members. :)

Cell phone pic from last winter:

BlackberryPics198.jpg

Been over that hill many times. :banana: Lots of fun in a Rwd 300hp Mercedes coupe... especially in the snow! :lol: Not really. It's only fun if the car is yours, and that particular car wasn't mine, nor even anybody that I know personally. Customer at work, and got to his house to find out he wasn't even in town (harrisonburg), then had to drive it back to c'ville. Gotta love good communication. :rolleyes:

Great to see someone nearby! :banana: