Ultimate Subaru Message Board

10 second brat(brumby)!!!

... Well, they are both fast.. But why do something like that to a Brumby.. LIFT IT!!! :eek: :banana:and then 490+hp! :D

Well I'm gonna keep mine stock height, if not lowered a bit. I sincerely doubt it'll ever see 490 awhp though, but jesus that would be sweet.

Well I'm gonna keep mine stock height, if not lowered a bit. I sincerely doubt it'll ever see 490 awhp though, but jesus that would be sweet.

Yeah, ok.. They are ok. Only thing I would do different if I were to own one would be to have a manual. And don't give me any of that "You try to handle a clutch with 500hp" BS. There are a lot of cars out there that are manuals with 500hp and you don't need to be a race car driver to drive one.

I have offen thought about a lowered turboed Brat, but I think I would go for some other body shape or car. I like to drive something unique. And doing up a unique car isn't unique anymore...

I thought the same thing about the auto situation on those. ES-X switched to an auto a few years back in their drag cars because they were having axle problems, and driver error can make a manual much slower than it should be. Personally I don't know about a 500awhp car, but I have driven a couple 300whp front driver turbo cars that have driven as smooth as silk even with heavy duty clutch systems and lightweight flywheels. Not the mention an old friend of mine's 435 awhp 04 STi that drove no different than the stock STi's I've been in.

I thought the same thing about the auto situation on those. ES-X switched to an auto a few years back in their drag cars because they were having axle problems, and driver error can make a manual much slower than it should be.

Going fast is one thing, having fun is another IMHO. :)

That's cool, but I'm not all that impressed since it's had a drivetrain swap!

If somebody built a 9 or 10 second EA81 Brat, that would be impressive.

Still cool though........

I agree with you there too.... 10second ea81 is maybe just a taad much though. who knows what one can run stock?

I agree with you there too.... 10second ea81 is maybe just a taad much though. who knows what one can run stock?

Never been in one, but from power rating and autotragic and weight standpoint. Honestly it would be lucky to pull mid 18's

How about 0-60(100 in my case)

12secs on a stock 81 brat? for me that is.....

Ea71 4spd correct, you are probably about 18-19 sec range. the auto fact on the turbo ea81's kill any hope of good 1/4 mile or 1000m times

I've honestly never seen any older subaru at the local track. I've seen a gen 1 legacy auto running 17's a few years back.

'81 = EA81 4 speed... Just fyi...

Its an interesting topic. I mean, I know it'll never be a rocket ship on the standard motor, but I'd be interested to know what kind of things are possible. As they are standard I think they surprize a decent amount of folk already, thats why I was just kinda interested in what kind of standard figures they'd put down so to compare to other standard/average cars.

Thats right. I'm not too keen on the 1st gen stuff. But the ea81 is a prety good running motor for what it is. And there are a good bit of parts made for them through the aviation people. It's not uncommon for them to make 150 crank hp. And in the gen1's which iirc weigh just under a ton, would be a damn nice little sleeper.

... Well, they are both fast.. But why do something like that to a Brumby.. LIFT IT!!! :eek: :banana:and then 490+hp! :D

Well... For Off-Road use I think ...

I Like those Brats!

:headbang: But a 10 Seconds Brat with Stock EA81? :confused: ... Maybe usin´ a "Ram Engines" Modified EA81... Like This:

200HpSuperChargedSubaruEA81Engine.jpg?t=1172966003

Also, EA82´s can do 190+ Hp Stock! ... See: http://www.rallye-info.com/carspecs.asp?car=150 For Mo´ Info! :)

Thats right. I'm not too keen on the 1st gen stuff. But the ea81 is a prety good running motor for what it is. And there are a good bit of parts made for them through the aviation people. It's not uncommon for them to make 150 crank hp. And in the gen1's which iirc weigh just under a ton, would be a damn nice little sleeper.

:brow: