Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New toy... I mean Sube (85 GL Wagon)

Here's my new toy:

rudysubaru01rs.jpg

85 GL wagon, dual range, Weber carb, 125K miles, from Arizona. Pretty much mint including original paint (as far as I can tell- it has been buffed, was white when it came back here). I know the no rust thing isn't a big deal for you west coast guys but around here it's special:)

Only thing missing is the interior light, I need one if anybody has one laying around (it's the dark brown/tan interior).

I can't decide weather to lift it, or keep it as is and look for another D/R to lift.

Andy

Thats certainly a sweet car! Rust free is like gold. What a decision to make... to lift or not to lift. I, personally, would leave it stock. But I would be commuting in it. If its your toy, and you are going to keep it awhile, then do it up. Like I said- rust free is like gold , right ;) Where are you planning to drive it mostly? I wish I had D/R.

Thanks for the comments, I think it'll be a fun car. Pretty much decided to leave it stock, so now I need to find another d/r wagon to lift when I get some more money. Only thing I wish it had is SPFI rather than the carb, but it's not a big deal. I'll just have to remember how to work on carbs, it's been a while:-p

A friend of mine had it shipped back a few years ago. He has two kids now and decided to thin out his collection.

I need the round center interior light for it.

Thanks,

Andy

I dunno...that dent on the drivers door is kinda nasty...

Seriously, that's a beuatiful car!! Won't see too many like that in this part of the country. Not even in my driveway :lol:

If I were you, I would keep that as intact as possible, and find something else locally to have fun in. If you have any trouble finding the parts you need, let me know. I'm in OH.

good luck, John

• 3 weeks later...