Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It is far from bad looking, but I find the styling to be a little more conservative than what I was expecting. Looks a lot like they ripped the front end off of a mazda almost. If that is what the base car is going to look like, I think it is great, but the STi is going to need a little more bite for it to catch my attention.

wrx.hatch.blue.crg.500.jpg

OK - what kinda rear suspension does it have? Is there room for strut towers behind that plastic?

(SOooo glad I got my '06 WRX wagon!)

Carl

Can be torsion bars. can also be longitudinally mounted struts using linkages.

nipper

hrmmmmm it looks like the other small cars that are out there. The first thing that poped into my head was a ford.

Looks like im holding onto blu for a very long time.

nipper

The Blue thing looks like my brother's Kia Sephia 5...

and the Mazda 6 or maybe the 3... don't know which is which

and the Matrix/Vibe

I'm sure there are others... But have not had my morning coffee yet...

:eek:

so much for unique design and styling. it looks like a focus or some cheapo import.

is this the 'rebirth of a legend' the subaru site is blithering about?

The year I'm ready to buy a car and Subie designs are just disappointing, man-wagonish (B9) or old-fartish (legacy and now this impreza) I'll get old fart when I'm old fart but while I can still get in and out of a car without a swivel seat, something that's not so... bleh....

OK, why is it that every time Subaru comes up with a new design for any of thier cars, everyone screams bloddy murder? This car is ugly as sin, that car is so ugly that it spells impending doom for the entire company, yada yada yada. . .

If this styling is so ugly, why are so many companies using similar stuff? That hatchback looks to be a great car, particularly for younger drivers or folks that need interior room but do not want a wagons size. It seems that this is a great urban car. If by "old fart car" you mean sophisticated, yeah some of the new designs do have that look. Personally, I do not have anything against the styling of the new Subarus that I have seen. I don't look on the outside anyway. It is what is under the hood that counts. I'll have to wait and see what that turns out to look like.

I'm dissapointed in the new styling, but then I think the high point of Impreza styling is the frog-eye, so what do I know about the tastes of modern car buyers.

I DO think the current stylists at Subaru are entirely too derivative, and they are starting to look like avery other car. Thenew Tribeca front end is certainly an improvement over the Alfa-Romeo 'snout' but it looks almost exactly like a Chrysler mini-van now.

And I really do like the styling of our dear departed 2000 Legaback better than it's current body style 2006 outback, but would I go back after driving the newer car ... NO WAY.

The rear of the new five-door is just fugly, but we better get used to it, everything is gonna look like that soon.

I remember when the 06 came out and there was this long thread at NASIOC about how ugly it was and it looked like this or that. I asked anyone if they wanted to discuss the ;shorter throw shifter, conical 1st gear synchronizers, variable valve timing, air pump replacing front cat., alloy control arm, aluminum hood, diiferent IC, lower peak torque point OR the additional .5 liter displacement!

I still think my car has the face of a Samurai warrior;

samurai_helmet_face.jpg

105smDSCF1787_wrx_yachtclub.jpg

please......, - folks in a SUBARU forum complaining about odd looking cars!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Carl

Carl, Arlington YACHT CLUB ... isn't it a long way to Lake Dallas? I don't 'member any water near Arlington.

Yeah, Arlington lake is pretty small, its a coolant reservoir for an electric utility and my citiy's main water supply. Not big and the 'yacht club' is tiny as well.

It's just near my house and I took a few pics there once.

you can see across the lake to one of the generating plants in this pic;

105smDSCF1806_wrx_side.jpg

Carl