Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is funny!

Sometimes my wife sort of says the same thing, only this time I bought an '86 BRAT (3 weeks ago). She's not mad at me at all. As a matter of fact, I think she's a little worried about me. I've always had new cars, and lately have been getting tired of payments and insurance and mediocre gas mileage. She's thinks I'm crazy, but I feel great. I own the Brat free and clear, the insurance is about a buck a day, the gas mileage is much better than my Chevy Tahoe and best of all, it's fun to drive. So next time she tells me "do whatever you f**** want", she'll probably suggest some restrictions.:-\

Sometimes my wife sort of says the same thing, only this time I bought an '86 BRAT (3 weeks ago). She's not mad at me at all. As a matter of fact, I think she's a little worried about me. I've always had new cars, and lately have been getting tired of payments and insurance and mediocre gas mileage. She's thinks I'm crazy, but I feel great. I own the Brat free and clear, the insurance is about a buck a day, the gas mileage is much better than my Chevy Tahoe and best of all, it's fun to drive. So next time she tells me "do whatever you f**** want", she'll probably suggest some restrictions.:-\

Feels good, don't it :grin: Wish everybody would wake up :banana:

Yup. Closer to two hundred measured at the crankshaft..

:headbang:

I dunno how I get along with a measly 142 rwhp on my ZRX..at least my (ex)wife can't make me sell it!

:grin:

Hmmm. A bike with roughly three times the horsepower as my EA81 :dead: I bet you can actually feel it accellerating? :lol:

I don't have anyone who tells me what not to buy ... maybe that's because I have too many subarus already :rolleyes:

Yeah, you can feel it alright..when I bought my 1100 back in '99, it was 'sposed to be a street toy and daily transportation..it ended up replacing my drag car in the end..there's nothing that feels quite like a fast bike, it strains the arm muscles to just maintain your position on the bike under hard throttle. The accelleration of a stock sportbike is outrageous, and the top end is just scary..mine's one of the slower musclebikes out there, but in the current state of trim it'll run a low ten second quarter mile and top out at just about one seventy. That Gixxer thou' in the ad would eat me alive, and a ZX14 Kaw or a Hayabusa would do the same to the Gixxer..

Scary-fast, whacky-fun!

:eek: