Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Garage Lift rental in NY/Tristate area

what do you need to do that you can't do in a driveway? or do you not have a driveway to work on?

Does anyone know if there are any garages that rent lifts so you can do your own car work in the NYC area? Where would I look to find this - yellow pages?

Well my garage is 10x20, so once the car is in, it's hard to move around. My driveway is on an incline and I would rather work on a level surface. I thought I read that there were actually garages that would rent lifts by the hour. Maybe I was mistaken?

what do you need to do that you can't do in a driveway? or do you not have a driveway to work on?

i've never heard of that, but obviously it's been done before. might just want to ask some smaller shops if they'll let you? technically speaking i don't think insurance companies would even allow that for most shops and if they did i'd expect to see that reflected in the price.

the 10x20 garage you have sounds reasonable if you clean it out. maybe rent a storage unit for a month to either clean your garage out or turn it into a makeshift garage?

I know Im a little far from the city.....but a lot of shops I know have no problem with you using their lifts for free IF youre an employee. :brow:

If youre not packed full on TIME...you could work part time (evenings or something) changing oil and tires....and have some lift-time to boot! (plus a nifty little bonus paycheck)

Just an idea

That would be cool if there were places like that...some additional ideas: how about schools/colleges/etc that might have lifts available...ok so just register for basket weaving 103 if you have to be a student. I have heard of people in or worked as civilians for the military who were able somehow to use their lifts...

That would be cool if there were places like that...some additional ideas: how about schools/colleges/etc that might have lifts available...ok so just register for basket weaving 103 if you have to be a student. I have heard of people in or worked as civilians for the military who were able somehow to use their lifts...

A lot of military bases have auto hobby shops, anyone with access to the base can use the shop as far as I know.