Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many converts here?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I decided to convert from my Subaru Powered VW Vanagon to an 88 Toyota Minivan.

Its got a 2.2L engine that unfortunately is under the front seats but its a pushrod engine, the trans is a 5spd instead of a 4 and it really cruises along nicely, the A/C works awesome and it looks better than the Vanagon (IMO OF COURSE).

Vanagon ad to follow in a few days.

A 4X Toyota?

LOL Shawn, does that mean instead of a Vanagon forum we can have a toyota Forum attatched to the USMB??

:grin:

-Brian

Nope. LOL. That project (merging with the Subaru Vanagon forum) was a very much failed project because of their forums moderator being closed minded to the idea. Pretty close to pulling the forum from the list.

A 4X Toyota?

Yep, dual range 4wd with a 5spd. Crawls like a hatch if my seat of the pants reaction is even close. Feels lower by 15% but again I can't tell--they are so different.

I think a set of 27/8.50s would fit perfectly on one of them. My neighbor had one, we were pretty sure from eyeing it.

Here's what the Toy did to the blackberries. All I had to do was rake them off to the side. Keep in mind, they were as tall as the roof on the garage, I had no view of the fence in the distance untill I was a few feet from it.

Now I've got a place to stash a couple of extra cars. :evil

070620_006.jpg

Yeah, lol.

Yesterday I went and spent a couple of hours digging up the ones sticking out of the ground. Pushed the carnage over to the side more.

Then I dug a few holes and made mounds and stuff to run the r/c jeeps back there. The 1/6 one does remarkably well with a good charge. I've got the beginnings of a pretty cool little track. Should be sweet by the time you all get here for my little shindig.

I think a set of 27/8.50s would fit perfectly on one of them. My neighbor had one, we were pretty sure from eyeing it.

That'd look really cool. It already looks mean with studded snow tires on it. Damn you for putting these ideas in my head. (Surprisingly I hadnt even thought of doing that yet and I usually think along the same lines as you offroad junkies.)

Today I decided to convert from my Subaru Powered VW Vanagon to an 88 Toyota Minivan.

Its got a 2.2L engine that unfortunately is under the front seats but its a pushrod engine, the trans is a 5spd instead of a 4 and it really cruises along nicely, the A/C works awesome and it looks better than the Vanagon (IMO OF COURSE).

Vanagon ad to follow in a few days.

thank god i thought we were gonna lose you to them, vw is evil

• 4 weeks later...

monday and tuesday I moved four loads of dirt to fill in where my driveway is going to be...

DSCN2753small.JPG

DSCN2754small.JPG

the yota loved it!

wouldn't be able to do this in a subaru without chopping the top off a wagon and doubling up the rear struts :eek::eek:

DSCN2755small.JPG

Yup sure can...

Not like I would do anything like that:rolleyes:

Or have 8 people ride around in the bed either:-p

I tried 750kg of gravle in my Brat (2" body lift, air pump up shocks, 27" MT's) and I couldn't get it to move because the tires were rubbing horribly.

Stock tires would of fixed that problem..

I tried 750kg of gravle in my Brat (2" body lift, air pump up shocks, 27" MT's) and I couldn't get it to move because the tires were rubbing horribly.

Stock tires would of fixed that problem..

tires on the yota are ~29" all terrains. I drove it out of the pit down a trail to the road, up a hill to the driveway. the driveway is pretty gnarly and my xt6 won't make it up it because there are some pretty uneven spots and larger rocks sticking up

Im picking up a 1983 Toyota pickup with 4x4 and a 5 speed and the 22R motor for around 1600.plus it comes with a nice set of mud tires.I will post pics when its in my driveway.I have sell the sube and finish up my derby car before I can even start putting money into it.

Im gonna try to drive my subaru for a while so toy for me...