Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 Brat for Sale

post-1848-13602762307_thumb.jpg

post-1848-136027623074_thumb.jpg

post-1848-136027623077_thumb.jpg

Have Decided the restoration is beyond my skills. If I had a garage and better tools, I could go for it--but I dont. So I'm going to sell the Brat. Would rather have someone from this group buy it, so I'll wait a week before putting a "for sale" sign on. Here are the details.

1985 all original. Engine has 231 K, still does not burn a drop of oil, and the oil pressure is excellent. Transmission and drive train excellent. Rust in the normal Subaru places. Wheel arch, rockers, drivers side floor. Brake lines have lost pressure, so it's not driveable. Hole in the y-pipe. Asking $500.

VABrat

• 2 weeks later...

Just printed out some for sale signs. I'm not in a big hurry to sell, but I expect to get some offers, soon. Spent a little time trying to solve the brake dilemma I'm having. Cant seem to get any pressure in the hydraulic lines. Thought that I would flush the old fluid, but the fluid wont flow after I open the bleeder valve and pump the brakes. Brat is located in Round Hill, VA about 40 miles west of DC.

VABrat

gaahhhh!!! why do you havet o be selling a brat thaat close when i am unemployed and dealing with cancer!! with my last job, i could have had that thing in like two pay checks. :dead:

that would be such a fun car to rock out.

that and your only like 35 miles from me.

Subyrally: If $$ is an issue I would chip in $25 for you to get it.

If 20 other people buck up, we can get it for you.

I know that you've been lusting over a BRAT for ever.

Come on people, let's make it happen for subyrally.

BW

the guy selling it does indeed seem a very nice guy. world needs more of that honestly. just got a pm and yeah, definatly a nice guy.

it certainly has been a while since i started hunting for one. and this one is like half an hour or so from me.im really temped to try to call in some favors from poeple. that and maybe start polishing metal for people since i really can do much else between chemo treatments. sofar ive managed to get some nice finishes on some engine parts for the ea82, like a ditsy and valve covers, almost finished my intake monifold, but got impatient and mounted it in the car, lol.