Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What size tires are you running on a lifted EJ?

xrturbo

Doing my lift tomorrow morning and I will be running the 205 70 15s off of the parts outback. Just wanted to know what people were running on them and what the largest was on a stock strut setup. The one I am lifting is a 92 Leg wagon with Outback struts. And yes I have searched and it is pretty much pages of EA cars.

i have run a 27inch tire without any mods other than outback struts on my 90 legacy so you tires should fit..... i have heard that if you run the outback springs, which requires some holes to be drilled to fit the rears, you could be able to run up to a 29 inch tire, possibly bigger if you modify more. its really all about how much you want to spend.....

i have 205/75-15 general grabber at2's on my 90 legacy. mine had some kind of plastic rocker guard on the rear of the rocker panels. the tires hit them. 2 screws under the car held them on. it's a tight fit but they really made the car mean looking.

Ok, going out now to do the swap. The fronts should be straight drop in the rears I will have to change the mounts. I will prob post pics tonight. I will try to post back with the results when I am done but I am sure I will take it out and play first.

:) yes I like them, Just keep your eyes open on that website (4wheelparts.com) They always run specials. Like for the fourth they are knocking off 50bucks on all superswampers, Just about covers shipping:grin: They look great and they are cheap!!

Tony~

They look mean :slobber:

95 imprezza, outback struts and forester springs(probably incorrect seating in the rear? I still have a clunk).

27inch Super swamper ssr's with some washers on the studs and some shaving of the inside knobs. Still need to tweak. I would like to go to a 14 inch wheel with a slightly smaller tire.

The clunk is probably from the spring or spring perch rubbing on the inner wall. You have to beat it back a bit to clear the new springs. Go look, there should be a shiny spot where it's rubbing.

I had the shiny spot and beat it back with an air hammer and sprayed some paint on to see if it happend again, it didn't but i had to pount the hell out of the fender. ive pulled the struts out and washerd them differently on the top multiple times, now i went back to impreza struts from leggy's but i still have the damn clunking noise coming from the RR with Forester coils, im thinking im topping out the strut because the back of my coupe doesnt weigh anything compared to the forester. like the coils are longer than the strut will allow. I bit the bullet and bought For. struts to go along with the coils, but ive yet to put them on.

Mine knocks like crazy over any bump right now.:-\

• 2 weeks later...