Ultimate Subaru Message Board

does anyone have or hear of a gun rack for obw? im looking for one that can attach to the seat back or the headliner. thanks

Oh man do i ever like you :):banana::clap::headbang: :cool: that would be so cool, and maybe even get some people to stop tailgating.

nipper

That's legal????

Why would it not be?

Anyway, you could get a generic rack and then make yourself some brackets that attach it to the seat back or something like that. I don't know if a big shotgun will fit across though.

Or do something like those pet barrier things that use compression to hold themselves between the floor and ceiling.

Why would it not be?

Anyway, you could get a generic rack and then make yourself some brackets that attach it to the seat back or something like that. I don't know if a big shotgun will fit across though.

Or do something like those pet barrier things that use compression to hold themselves between the floor and ceiling.

I guess it depends where you live. I haven't seen a gun rack in a car or truck in decades.

I like the idea of bolting a generic gunrack to a dog fence between the back seats and the 'wayback'. If you need (or want) something more permanene, and don't mind drilling a few holes, I've seen stationwagon gun racks mounted to the wayback side window frames, so that the guns are parallel to the side of the car.

I haven't seen anything advertised,and our Canadian friend is right-you don't see gun racks as much anymore.But I think with a little planning and very minimal cost you could build a rack very easily.They are still legal(at least here in montana),I see them everyday here in Kalispell.

I haven't seen anything advertised,and our Canadian friend is right-you don't see gun racks as much anymore.But I think with a little planning and very minimal cost you could build a rack very easily.They are still legal(at least here in montana),I see them everyday here in Kalispell.

Yeah I'm from Missoula. I get the feeling it wouldn't go over so well down here though.

Smitty-don't forget Lakeside on top of the hill where the big motor coaches like to break loose from their tow behinds,two times now I've come across this

coming back from Billings most recently last Sunday where the expensive car broke loose and rolled back into an explorer from another country,as the traveler told me in a distinctive brogue"bloody well serves him right,what does he need two vehicles for to travel".I was at a loss for words.... but then the volunteer fire department waved us on.John

That's legal????

The gun rack itself is legal everywhere that I know of. It's the guns that are regulated by law. Here in NJ, you cannot have a gun in the rack. But plenty of pickup trucks have the racks, usually holding fishing poles, levels, or other tools.

To be clear for any of our Washington State readers/friends (where I spent most of my life): It was made illegal in Washington State somewhere around 12 years ago to carry a gun around in public unless it's in an opaque container. This was determined to include gun racks. So, if you're going to put a gun in the rack, make sure it's in one of those sillicone-impregnated sock things. OR, make sure they've repealed that law.