Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally joined the New Gen crowd

But not like you would expect. Of course not! That wouldnt be like me at all:rolleyes:

92 SVX..............with a tranny problem, of course:rolleyes:

DSC000671.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

Other than the tranny issue, its in pretty good shape. Has high miles tho, about 238K. And the interior is very dirty.

tranny needs the transfer clutch extention. It got broke/cracked when the front u-joints went out. So I know where theres a few Leg trannies in the Lynnwood PAP I cant scavenge one off of. Should cost me $26 to fix:-p

Got the car for $700:headbang:

But not like you would expect. Of course not! That wouldnt be like me at all:rolleyes:

92 SVX..............with a tranny problem, of course:rolleyes:

DSC000671.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

Other than the tranny issue, its in pretty good shape. Has high miles tho, about 238K. And the interior is very dirty.

tranny needs the transfer clutch extention. It got broke/cracked when the front u-joints went out. So I know where theres a few Leg trannies in the Lynnwood PAP I cant scavenge one off of. Should cost me $26 to fix:-p

Got the car for $700:headbang:

That is an absolute amazing deal. Even with the high miles, tranny issue, 700 is a steal!

Hey Turbone. Looks like we were in luck. I only payed 750 for my Legacy Turbo...

The guy thought it was having serious issues....which turned out to be a vacuum line unplugged from the intake manifold....lol

I'd give my coupe up for a turbo Leg.... Mmmmmm

Looks awesome Rob! A lot better then the cell phone pics you posted on XT6:-p

This is what was wrong with it. Got the part yesterday, have to wait till Mon to get a gasket.

trnscltch2_.JPG

trnscltch1.JPG

This is the transfer clutch housing on the end of the 4EAT. Apparently the u-joints went TU and the shaft thrashed around busting the housing....in half. The PO actually tried to JB weld it back together and it obviously didnt work to well:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, got the part at Tacoma PAP for $10.36.

Picked up the gasket today.....$2 and some change. Now if the rain would hold off long enough:rolleyes:

86BRATMAN.......Wow... Just wow... Why would somebody think jb weld would hold that... Unless they were hoping for a bandaid fix till they got rid of it.

Yeah, I dont know what the guy was thinking. He had it off to JB it, why not just get the part and replace it?:rolleyes:

Picked up the gasket today.....$2 and some change. Now if the rain would hold off long enough:rolleyes:

Yeah, I dont know what the guy was thinking. He had it off to JB it, why not just get the part and replace it?:rolleyes:

I would bet he just JB'd it while still on the car. That's what I'd do.... JK!:lol:

Well, theres a couple of pro's and a couple of con's with that.

I would def be traveling in stye and speed:grin:

But my gas mileage would suck:-\

When I did the Dragon in my XT GL it got great mpg, but it was still almost a grand for fuel. I made a few side trips/detours:rolleyes:

I cant imagine what it would cost for the SVX, even to PA:-p

Well, theres a couple of pro's and a couple of con's with that.

I would def be traveling in stye and speed:grin:

But my gas mileage would suck:-\

When I did the Dragon in my XT GL it got great mpg, but it was still almost a grand for fuel. I made a few side trips/detours:rolleyes:

I cant imagine what it would cost for the SVX, even to PA:-p

Rob..Dave was averaging 28-29mpg with Princess coming back from the Dragon..she was getting about the same as Rocky..And you know if you would make it out this way..you would be treated like a celebrity.... I have a spare bedroom in my house..and the office ..and an air mattress ( for the boys if needed) I know in PA there are are few places that would put you up..

• 1 month later...

Well, reviving a old thread......for a good reason. Picked up another SVX in my fav color.

tintedebony.jpg

I have another hood, off the Claret, that I'm in the process of painting. Then I can strip this one down to bare metal and repaint it.

hood2.JPG

So now I own 3 92 SVX's. One is for parts, one will be for sale (Teal) after I do a engine swap and a few other things. And I'm keeping the black one....of course:-p

I just went back to the beginning of the thread and I see I didnt post anything about my 2nd purchase :rolleyes:

Picked it up for $400 from a wrecking yard in Port Orchard a few weeks ago. The engine is toast, has a bad rod knock. But like I said above, the Claret's engine is going to be a donor. The car only has 103K on it.

SVX11.JPG