Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nothing to grease on my Loyale?

Ok so theres no grease fittings anywhere i can see? So what can i grease for winter? I don't think theres any fittings on the steering arms nor on anything else..... So what to do??? My car is not having any noise or anything but i thought i would have to grease something.... So if anyone knows let me know:)

Thanx

Yeah that's whaty i was thinking.. I don't understand why they did that?:rolleyes: So i just wait till something wears out and then replace it:lol: Crazy hey.... Thank's

well, you COULD drill the ball joints out, tap them, and put grease fittings on.. if you an overzealous lunatic... :grin::banana:

well, you COULD drill the ball joints out, tap them, and put grease fittings on.. if you an overzealous lunatic... :grin::banana:

As I'm taking a break from doing the ball joints in my EA81 Hatch, I can tell you that you would not be able to put a grease serk on them. The tierod ends however probably could be done, but why??? Most of these things have 20 year old steering components that are just getting a little lose:clap:

Yeah what is the point of/if putting in grease fittings? If it gets that loose i'll just replace them... But anyway, So far my Control arms, steering arms, ball joints ect.. have no play in them..:banana:

BTW are the CV's supposed to have a very small amount of play in them?

And i still can't get my rear diff plugs out???:mad::slobber: I've soked and soked them in Sea foam deep creep... But i can't get them to move.... I'm hitting the long 1/2" wrench with a rubber malet.. But i'm not hitting it to hard, Just enough to make the rear diff shake a lil'.. Should i hit harder? I will keep soking them in Deep creep....

Thank's for any help:grin:

ive done pull-ups with a 3" 1/2" drive breaker bar trying to get the diff plug out. think i managed like 4 o5 before it broke loose and smacked me in the head, lol.:lol: the other mechanics at the shop i worked for got a good laugh outta it.

You wont break anything, it is a soilid metal plug and the case can take it too. Id say you would break your 1/2" breaker before anything else. And hey, If you do break something I'm sure I have a spare or two laying around here :lol: :lol: :lol: . Tim

See now that's the problem with lower wisconsin. Theres no J-yards that have Subaru's nor anything past 95 That i've found?!

And what would jacking up the car do? I could use a breaker bar with a metle pipe if i take the drivers side wheel off.

I've been useing a 1/2" ratchet with a rubber malet but that doesnt work. And a breaker bar ratchet with a rubber malet. But still can't get it to move?:mad: But the bottem one moves:banana: So that sucks...... I can drain it but won't be able to fill it:lol:

Aaaaaaaa dunno......... Thank's bro

They would do that!:eek: :-\ I dident know they would.... I know i can get it loose maybe.. But my dad says i'm going to bust the cover.. IDK?? From what everyone says on here you can't break it to easy.

That's good old dad for ya...:rolleyes: Will see how it go's

Thanks