Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Incase of.

Well i when to Subaru are said i needed all the bolts/nuts for the T-belt cover on my EA82.. And he looked them up on there FSM and he put an order in. But he said he'll call my if he can't get them. I did that Saturday and still no word!:confused: I hope i can get them!!

So what i'm asking is if anyone has all the bolts/nuts for the EA82 T-belt covers. And if there in good shape. Not rusty.:grin: Just incase he calls and says there not able to get them anymore.

Thanks all, Tom:headbang:

Yeah theres an Ace right downtown! But the only thing is some bolts are diffrent langths. That's what the guy are Subaru said...

And as for money it's only $16.34, I know it would be $16 bucks i wouldnt need to spend. But i don't know all the sizes/langths of the bolts.. I know the heads are 10mm IIRC....

As long as you have bolts to hold the rear covers to the engine, I would just use zip ties to hole the front covers on. Works great, and if you ever need to touch the timing belts again, no playing with corroded bolts with metal inserts into plastic.

Anyways, let me look in my pile in the back yard. I may actually have a bunch of these bolts laying around.

Yeah i guess zip ties are the way to go. I mean it's not a really important part on the car. it's just a dust/debris cover....... Well if i get the bolts i'll use them and then nexted time if there really bad then i'll use zip ties..

Thank's all:burnout:

Yeah but what about road debris and water/salt! If salt gets in there it will be a *************** getting the bolts for the pullys and tensioners loose And if i diside to go trail riding/off-roading it would benice to have them on....

I've been talking to Miles and he said the same thing but dident recamend it... But it would be easyer to check the belts...... Is that even a word? easyer??

Easier is a word.

And the debate for covers / no covers has been gone over numerous times. If you want to know the advantages / disadvantages of either option, there's quite a few threads detailing them.

Zip ties will hold the front covers together plenty good.

• 2 weeks later...