Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wow.

Today I saw a 2007 or 2008 black 5 door imprezza wrx. It had vermont paper tags, surfoboards on top, and was here in NY 3 miles from the beach. The fact that none of that made sense to begin with should have clued me in to the twlightzone this car was from.

At first I thought It was a new hyundai. Maybe it was the fact it was black, but it looked tiny, and just ugly.

Maybe its just me, maybe it was the color, or maybe just the twilight zone.

nipper

hehe...yes I've seen a blue '08 5-door wrx around my area few times. The first few times I saw it I had no idea what make/model the vehicle was, but for some reason my mind thought maybe Subaru. Yep that's what it is. It is definitely different. The somewhat relatively long hood (in my eye; doesn't look so much so in the pic but in person it seemed longer) in comparison to the rest of the body stood out to me.

2008_IMPREZA_WRX_5-Door.jpg

Hmmmmmm...

You know Nipper, I think I remember you called the non-outback Legacys models ugly too, like my 95 & 97 Legacys.:mad:

Maybe you need your eyeglass prescription checked?:lol:

Man can I hold a grudge!:rolleyes:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72213

I had a non outback legacy, and i liked the looks (otherwise i never would have bought it)

so

:-p

i dont like the new legacies and outbacks

so check the grudge :burnout:

nipper

I just bought 08 Outback Sport.

I think the new one looks better on Black Obsidian Pearl with Dark Gray Metalic. other colors, yeah, there are "ouch....", but the actual car looks nicer than the websites and catalogues.

Subaru Japan website pictures show the vehicles a little bit nicer, but still the same.

Try to look different colors, you may like them. check the pic of my vehicle to see the actual one.

My husband and myself have been discussing..that maybe this spring..well we might break down and finally get me a new new car.We are seeing how things go with my new job..And I have been seriously leaning toward the 08 OBS .. It is killing me not having a wagon around..and the 08 wagon I fell in love with is ALOT more then I want to spend ( Outback Turbo Wagon :slobber: ) And the new Imp 5 door is slowly growing on me...I am planning on taking one out for a test drive soon.I need a 5 door or a wagon..I hate having a sedan ...

the new impreza is growing on me lol:grin:

Me too.. I was looking at a white 5 door ( I just love white cars) and we are trying to figure out how to get the payments down to affordable...Going to have to save up alot more for a down payment...it really sucks when your trade in is a POS and they want you to pay them to take it off your hands;)

I took a 2.5i model out for a spin today...and I fell in love with it.I will know tomorrow what they would havew to do to get me into one at the payment I want...trying for a Satin White Pearl 5dr 5 spd 2.5i base model...:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: 100% improvement compaired to my 93 Imp

I took a 2.5i model out for a spin today...and I fell in love with it.I will know tomorrow what they would havew to do to get me into one at the payment I want...trying for a Satin White Pearl 5dr 5 spd 2.5i base model...:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: 100% improvement compaired to my 93 Imp

My Imp Outback just passed 1300miles and I notice that suspensions are more stable than used to be. I Engine runs more smoother. I use 89 octane gas because in Japan, regular gas is 90 to 91 RON, which is 89 PON here. When I use 87, I feel power is kind of less.

Hope you will get 2.5i !!!

My Imp Outback just passed 1300miles and I notice that suspensions are more stable than used to be. I Engine runs more smoother. I use 89 octane gas because in Japan, regular gas is 90 to 91 RON, which is 89 PON here. When I use 87, I feel power is kind of less.

Thanks but the dealer never called back..probably cause my credit is too poopy to get the payment where I want it..so no new car for me. ( Like I would expect any different:-\ ) Stuck with my 93 garbage Imp with 235K miles that I just dont like a whole lot

Went out to the dealer last weekend to get a look in person.

I like them. Not the sedan. The sedan is ugly, and the proportions seem all out of whack. But I like the 5-door. It is not as uniquely "Subaru," and looks somewhat like a cross between a Focus hatch and Mazda 3 wagon. But that's OK with me because I like both of them. The new interior is also really nice, and I liked how flat the cargo area is thanks to the multilink rear suspension (new). There are a few things I don't like, however, and this goes for the new Subarus across the board.

1. The way the hood meets the windshield in the Impreza: It's a big pit (think 99' Chevy Malibu) that will probably fill up with a ton of snow and be a real pain to clear out. I don't know how else to describe it other than this but you'll know what I mean once you see it.

2. Why the dearth of color choices? The Impreza Outback, for example, is available in blue, gold, black, and silver... while I'm on the silver, a silver Impreza Outback with gray lower cladding is hideous. Across the line, there are about 4-5 colors available for most models, and even that can be less depending on the trim. For example, the base model Tribeca has 2 choices: blue or silver. What happened to reds and greens?

3. The slightly restyled Legacy and Outback grille is not as attractive as the '05-07 variant. It seems too big and gaping.

I suppose all these choices have some sort of logic (($$) behind them, such as the lack of color choice (cheaper) and the hood (probably cheaper to manufacture), switching back to rear drum brakes on the base Impreza (a real step back especially since they've been disc since '02 if I recall).

I'll be interested to see what Subaru's next step is. I was sorta expecting them to come out with a hybrid soon, given their somewhat "green" reputation and target market. Maybe their association with Toyota will move that ahead.

Brian

I don't know what "PON" is, but 91 RON = 87 AKI (US).

OK, I can't keep this in any longer. Every time Subaru comes out with a model that looks different from the previous ones, there are a dozen or so threads one after the other bashing the new look. c'mon now! Who ever sooks at a Subaru on teh dealership floor and says "Oh! that is so pretty, I must have it!!!"? Subarus are not sold that way. Subarus are sold during the test drive, where they show thier superior handling and stability, or they are sold by reputation as a rock solid car that is likely to last longer than the payments. Every small change Subaru makes in the looks of thier cars will forever be determined to be vomitously ugly, 'til the end of time. At least until the next year when they change something else, and the old version suddenly becomes beautiful. . .

:Flame::burnout:

Well... I just got back from my local dealer...and well...I pick up my new Impreza Thursday or Friday.

I just bought an 08 5 door 5 spd ..Satin Pearl White with opional roof rack ,bumper cover,heavy duty mats and cargo tray..Just got the 2.5 i model cause I dont need all sorts of crazy frills. It hasnt sunk in yet wont until I pick it up...OMG I can't believe I just bought a brand new Subaru!!